Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unstable balcony doors?

Options
  • 15-01-2011 4:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi there, a couple of problems I have noticed in my new apartment I`m renting.
    1. There are balcony doors in the bedroom. not the sliding type. It opens inward, like a normal door. However I have noticed a draught coming in under the door at the frame. Any time it is windy, the draught is very noticeable, when very windy the doors push inward a little!, and when both windy and wet, some water leaks through!!!
    2. Also, since the door and frame are glass and metal, they get very cold at night, and even with the heat off in the apt, a lot of moisture gathers on the doors and pools at the base by morning, which is now leading to the formation of mould.
    Once again, all of this is in the bedroom.
    What exactly should I ask the landlord to do?
    I presume he`ll get someone out to fix/tighten the doors and add a draught stopper or something to them? I don`t feel confident the doors won`t blow open some night! or even just let water leak into the room which could damage my things!
    Is he responsible for removing the mould and preventing future buidup?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭u60gypx5jakoti

Anyone know where I stand when speaking to the landlord about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

the landord is responsible for taking measures to fix the problem , inititally it will prob be someone sent out to attempt repair .
    The mould is something he should be made aware of at the same time , is there a wall vent in your room , if yes it should be let open as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Do the doors have a four point lock on them?

this will allow for all four corners to be locked pressing the door closed. I would suggest giving the seals a clean also, might be some dirt letting the water in.

Advertisement