Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Officer spawns

Options
  • 15-01-2011 5:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever gotten one ?

Recently in the downtime between EU/US op's i have been hunting these and sofar i have gotten the following tips ...

1. Your best chance is in a -1.0 Truesec (even better chance in any of the Pirate faction owned nullsec as all of these systems are given a modifier which makes them all -1.01 sec)

2. Your best chance is just after servers come up.

So i shall be fitting a Manticore and moving it down to Fountain for some post downtime shenanigans over the next week or so and i will let you know how i get on , btw if anyone has anything to add thats great ninja.gif

Atm ive been trying for 4h or so in Fountain Serpentis NPC nullsec and i have gotten 2 Shadow Serpentis Faction spawns , 1 crap one nice with the +3 value scram , i shall update if i get anything in the next few days :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Use a vaga or zealot or sac, in fountain, just after downtime, and in the pipe between mn5 to f-2 is a good place, there's a -1 truesec in the area called rpk or rp2 or something but it's always full of people, manticore is a complete waste of time for officer hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Gneez wrote: »
    Use a vaga or zealot or sac, in fountain, just after downtime, and in the pipe between mn5 to f-2 is a good place, there's a -1 truesec in the area called rpk or rp2 or something but it's always full of people, manticore is a complete waste of time for officer hunting.

Nah my fit is very different , impossible to catch and 450+ dps + can tank anything a belt throw out (smash and grab)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

i agree. i loved ratting with manticore.

i agree. i loved ratting with manticore.

[Manticore, Lone Ninja III]
    Ballistic Control System II
    Ballistic Control System II

Gistii B-Type 1MN Afterburner
    Heat Dissipation Amplifier II
    Small Shield Extender II
    Gistii B-Type Small Shield Booster

'Arbalest' Siege Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Juggernaut Torpedo
    Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
    Salvager II

Small Capacitor Control Circuit I
    Small Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer I

Gonna be awesome when a frig rat scrams you and your torps can't hit it and you lose all your gistii stuff to a 19k frig rat.

• Advertisement

Gonna be awesome when a frig rat scrams you and your torps can't hit it and you lose all your gistii stuff to a 19k frig rat.

Can kill 3 together ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 BrockSamson

crap fit there :eek:

crap fit there :eek:

Its not a pvp fit , its perfect for what i use it for ;)

Try it on serpentis rats and come back to me b4 you judge

I've tried every ship including stealth bombers versus every rat type in eve, zealot and vaga are the best ratters, stealth bombers are for kids.

I've tried every ship including stealth bombers versus every rat type in eve, zealot and vaga are the best ratters, stealth bombers are for kids.

Very mature arguement there ;)

For ratting in red space there are 3 options

1. Recon : Lacking abit in dps
    2. Bomber : Can easily tank any belt spawn does 450 dps+ from 60km and warps fast/cloaked
    3. T3 : Lacks the dps of a Bomber and costs 5x as much

Hac's arent even an option as i would be scanned down and killed, + they do about the same dps on the rats im killing and they don't have an active tank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

No JIMMEH get off my internets !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Sure you have.

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Very mature arguement there ;)

For ratting in red space there are 3 options

1. Recon : Lacking abit in dps
    2. Bomber : Can easily tank any belt spawn does 450 dps+ from 60km and warps fast/cloaked
    3. T3 : Lacks the dps of a Bomber and costs 5x as much

Hac's arent even an option as i would be scanned down and killed, + they do about the same dps on the rats im killing and they don't have an active tank

ok you didn't mention ratting in hostile space you were just making the statement of stealth bombers being better than a hac, I assumed you had friendly space to rat in and were using a bomber because you were an idiot and didn't know how to use a proper ship like a hac. MY BAD.
    Sure you have.

yeah I have yo have no idea how l33t I am I can fly every subcap ship out there and 2 races carriers I'm also extremely famous and admired in eve ask anyone I'm practically an A list celebrity

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Oh he really is just 'teh biz'. Gneez gives me seeeerious wood.

GO_Bear wrote: »
    No JIMMEH get off my internets !

Hey look i made Roleplay into a Gail Porter lookalike :p

1801529104_256.jpg

ingameboard.asp?a=bigshot&cid=1801529104

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Hey look i made Roleplay into a Gail Porter lookalike :p

1801529104_256.jpg

ingameboard.asp?a=bigshot&cid=1801529104

You are a vain man. When are you going to join Team Irish Guys Tasty Rock Hard Abs Coalition ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

i only ever got one officer spawn so far... Soran Chelm

he did drop some nice loot

i got a Chelm's Modified Heavy Energy Nuetralizer which sold in amarr for 2.5bil isk. the rest was true sansha mods.

All in all i made over 2.7bil isk from one spawn (loot+bounties)

oh and hi Roleplay how is tricks?

Not too bad, just came back there afew months ago after a failcascade of events that almost put me off the game :p

I gave up btw after 13h solid between 4 days of looking for an officer in Serpentis NPC space in fountain and most of it was after the 5 reboots(4 downtimes-1 server reboot) 1st hour back in Fade i made 200m in 80 minutes speedrunning sanctums lol so the wasted time/isk doesn't bear thinking.

As for TIGTRHAC, maybe in afew months :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

just keep blitzing the belts to find them

Advertisement