Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Supercarriers

Options
  • 15-01-2011 5:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

Ok after 3 weeks of ratting in the time nothing is happenning 2-3h a night in which i do 8x Circle sanctums(Serpentis) and salvage them in my Noctis i have made enough for my Thanny(Personal Logistical boat/Maybe future ratter) and Moros(Big froggy pewpew) + fits and rigs etc

The next natural step is a Nyx for me and i am giving myself 6 months or so to earn the 21bn or so for the hull+proper fit and HG slaves+7% Armor hp implant :pac:

My question is, anyone been where i am now and how long did it take you ? Also any Tips ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

I don't understand why anyone would lock their character into a MS, nothing will make you quit eve faster and make you feel the tedium than spending your time stuck in a POS in a mothership.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Gneez wrote: »
    I don't understand why anyone would lock their character into a MS, nothing will make you quit eve faster and make you feel the tedium than spending your time stuck in a POS in a mothership.

I have an alt who can babysit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Yes I was at your point and it was about then I stopped making money by ratting and started making it on the market

Yes I was at your point and it was about then I stopped making money by ratting and started making it on the market

Yea i am thinking of making 3-4 bn and then trying that, don't have an idea where to start tho :p

Buy low, sell high :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Maj Malfunction

21 billion for a super seems a little steep! Sounds to be about 4-5 bil over budget at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Why do you want a MS?

I wouldn't touch one myself and there's that issue the CSM raised with CCP about supercap blobs, MS's will be seeing some changes over the next few months.

21 billion for a super seems a little steep! Sounds to be about 4-5 bil over budget at that price.

[Nyx, New Setup 1]
    Damage Control II
    Corelum A-Type Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
    Corelum A-Type Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
    Core X-Type Armor EM Hardener
    Core X-Type Armor Thermic Hardener
    Core X-Type Armor Kinetic Hardener
    Core X-Type Armor Explosive Hardener

Federation Navy Sensor Booster, Scan Resolution
    Cap Recharger II
    Cap Recharger II
    Cap Recharger II
    Cap Recharger II

Remote ECM Burst I
    Imperial Navy Large EMP Smartbomb
    Imperial Navy Large EMP Smartbomb
    Corpus X-Type Heavy Nosferatu
    Corpus X-Type Heavy Nosferatu
    Drone Control Unit I

Large Trimark Armor Pump II

Would be the fit i would be aiming for, i already have the 4 hardeners, also i wouldnt fly one without a HG slave set and a 8% armor 5% hull/shield implant set, 21bn is abit over the odd's tho yea but you are talking near 14bn for a hull alone these days even if i do all the legwork myself.

@Mantel i want it as my corp is atm stepping up it's super production and i already have everything else i want to fly, so why not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

This thread is why Eve is a terrible game.

Ahaha no I lie it is but one of many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 BrockSamson

it would be funny after all that time ratting for a super it just went pop :D

• Advertisement

Brings a tear to my eye everytime someone spends months of their life getting a mothership then they drop it on some gate in low sec to gank noobs and they get ownt with the fury of a thousand suns by a waiting dread fleet and the ms pilot goes off and beats his wife and children savagely.

THATS what eve is all about

Ah 21 Bil is fair enough with all the bells and whistles on it, I thought it was for just the hull.

21 Bil would buy alot of T2 HAC's & SAC's mind you and can be infinitely more fun.

Each to their own.

All MH capitals/supers are 100% covered by our ship replacement programme ;)

As for the hac's sac's i already have all that stuff + my 2 conventional capitals so it's the next step

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

Is that Nyx fit a troll?? Or are you just a ****ing moron. Serious question.

mamolian wrote: »
    Is that Nyx fit a troll?? Or are you just a ****ing moron. Serious question.

Thats a normal Nyx fit, might wanna do some research before sounding like an idiot ;)

Replace the Nos for Neuts ofc but i cba to edit it and the DCU can be changed for w/e

ya mam0 l4rn 2 superc4rror u n00b LOL wh4t a n00b u r mam0 who fuk r u anywa? u s0und like a n00b 2 me mam0lon nd u clerly dont kno 1st ting abot supercarrrors

And I have my answer. You are not trolling.

You should probably go ratting in it.

Sounds like the in thing to do.

What kind of retards are flying supercaps these days..

go troll on shc, you've added nothing to this thread.

If i was ever gonna rat in a supercapital i think id do it in an Avatar with an alt giving leadership bonuses in a CS 250m p/h

But no this is for alliance pvp, you know in conquered space ;)

RUSSIANS....

And yes they do rat in them, go to Dronelands :)

• Advertisement

go troll on shc, you've added nothing to this thread.

Lie down ya ****in mutt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

mamolian; 2 week ban. Everyone else try to remember that this isn't EVE sovereign territory. Just because you can troll/abuse to your hearts content in EVE, doesn't mean you can do so here.

P.s. I reserve the right to hand out additional infractions/bans to people for their conduct in this thread, as soon as I have more time to moderate it.

Advertisement