Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you collect anime or do you just watch it?

Options
  • 15-01-2011 7:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

Its seems to be the norm on ann forums that people in the states collect dvd cases and put them on display on shelves (often seen at the bottom of the 'shelf life' column released on mondays)

Is that the case here in ireland as well?

At the moment im very broke so i mostly stream via the net-i would download more if i could get upc in my area 'Sigh'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Collect DVD cases? As in, just the cases? Not the DVDs?

Well, I keep all the anime I've ever bought on my bookshelf, is that what you're asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

I keep all anime I've ever watched too, but not for display, just in case I ever want to rewatch it, or loan it to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 hen93

gearoidof wrote: »
    I keep all anime I've ever watched too, but not for display, just in case I ever want to rewatch it, or loan it to someone.
    Yeah thats the same with me although i love having an entire series or collection of something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I tend to buy series that I really love. I just love having DVDs but I'll always try something out online first and if it really catches me, save up and buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I only buy anime that is sold at reasonable rate-per-episode prices.

So 90% of the "products" can just right on feck off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kitty-kitty

Depends how long the series are, really. And the nature of them. I wouldn't buy the shounen jump ones but I will buy the one or two season series. Not to collect, just to watch and possibly loan out.

I do, however, have a friend who does this with manga. All up to date online, she'll buy the paper versions just so she can have them on her shelf.

And again, to loan them out. I think anime is a bit like misery. You don't want to suffer it alone =|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭ishvalian

I used to collect it but after moving apartment a few times, i found it annoying to find space for it. Gave most of it to my older brother so i can borrow it again if i ever want to rewatch / Re-read any of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

Well I've two shelves of DVD's in a wardrobe, 1 regular movies and 1 of all my anime. Any series I've liked I bought on DVD, hell even a few things that are so crap they're funny I've paid money for (Tekken anime :P) and some random purchases that turned out to be crap (Detonator Orgun, Virus), though I had the money to do this.

Advertisement