Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marriage split

Options
  • 15-01-2011 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

I've been married for 16 years, we have 4 kids from 18 to 8. My wifes parent live with us the last 5 years in an extension they built on to the back of our house. Recently my wife has started to treaten me when we argue that I will have to leave the house because she doesn't see a future with me. For the record I'm not violent, abusive or an alcoholic. I am however unemployed like many and this is the basis for many of the arguments. She says that I would have to leave the family home if we split up as she will get the house as the youngest is 8 years old. My question is if she wants to split up with me why do I have to leave the house If she's not happy and where do I stand as regards the house. I have no intention of splitting up with my wife but I don't like this thrown at me from time to time. If I knew legally where I stand I could explain to her what the situation is. Has anyone else been in this situation an what was your experience?I hope this post is in the right place and is ok with the moderators. Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭detective

This post will most likely not be ok with the moderators. You're clearly seeking legal advice for yourself. I have great sympathy with you. Perhaps you could rephrase your post in the third person e.g. instead of saying "my wife is threatening me that i'll have to leave" say instead "if somebody's wife was threatening them that they'll have to leave what position would they be in".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement