Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which one to chose,

• 15-01-2011 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭

Just looking for some advice on which would be the better buy.

Looking at 2 vRS diesels at the moment, both low milers. Will wind up coming in very close on price. One is a 2008 common rail while the other is the older PD engine but is a 2009 registration.

I know the common rail is the better engine but is it worth going for the year newer? I plan on doing 60-70k miles in the next 2 years and moving it on.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

EPM wrote: »
    Just looking for some advice on which would be the better buy.

Looking at 2 vRS diesels at the moment, both low milers. Will wind up coming in very close on price. One is a 2008 common rail while the other is the older PD engine but is a 2009 registration.

I know the common rail is the better engine but is it worth going for the year newer? I plan on doing 60-70k miles in the next 2 years and moving it on.

The CR engine isn't likely to need replacing, unlike the PD. Currently have a customer with an A4 2.0Tdi PD which is in a dealers for it's second new engine because of oil starvation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

CR is a much smoother engine to drive as well.
    Quieter also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

HUGE difference between the engines. The CR is so much quieter and has a much nicer power delivery, a lot less sudden wack of torque and then nothing that you get in the PD engine.
    The CR engine is probably the best bit of the car, just stay away from the dsg as its not great with that engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Ran a history check on the 09 and this confirmed it was common rail in the end. Deal done and collecting it next weekend. Cheers for the help:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Ran a history check on the 09 and this confirmed it was common rail in the end. Deal done and collecting it next weekend. Cheers for the help:)

Best of luck. Any pictures of the car?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Was it in Tarrants????

Thanks. I just have a few crappy phone ones. Might stick some up once in the your car thread when I pick it up.

Its a race blue pre facelift. Only option seems to be xenons but has everything else really once I get the parrot kit swapped over

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Was it in Tarrants????

Yup

Yup

I seen you looking at it. A 09 D..;)

I was there about 10 this morning. Then about 3 again when I'd gotten the history report. Its a C reg. Wait a minute...you were with herself? I was going to spark up too but said I'd wait until I was finished talking to the sales guy...

• Advertisement

I was there about 10 this morning. Then about 3 again when I'd gotten the history report. Its a C reg. Wait a minute...you were with herself? I was going to spark up too but said I'd wait until I was finished talking to the sales guy...

No I passed by in the car actually. I thought it might be another fella that was thinking about it that posts here. I was on my way from Dublin actually.

As I pulled in at about three today again another guy was pulling out on a test drive. Had it bought before he got back:)

He wasn't very happy looking if I'm honest. The salesman was pplaying us against each other I'd imagine. Was on tenorher end if that before and it's annoying when you find the right car.

Thought you might have been this totally uninterested guy who's wife was looking for a new car

As I pulled in at about three today again another guy was pulling out on a test drive. Had it bought before he got back:)

He wasn't very happy looking if I'm honest. The salesman was pplaying us against each other I'd imagine. Was on tenorher end if that before and it's annoying when you find the right car

LOL. The car is there over 2 weeks. He has a great selection in fairness.
    Best of luck with it.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

He wasn't very happy looking if I'm honest. The salesman was pplaying us against each other I'd imagine.

A bit cheeky alright :)

Looking at changing my GTi for a vRS.

Ah it's just a hack for commuting really. Happy enough with the history and condition so should be fine.

Just looking at what I typed in my last post and it's a load of rubbish! Stupid phone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Ran a history check on the 09 and this confirmed it was common rail in the end. Deal done and collecting it next weekend. Cheers for the help

Congratulations on the purchase. I bet you just can't wait to fit two sets of golf clubs in its massive boot now!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Delighted for you.
    Would be better if it were a CR engine but then again..There are plenty of PD ones out there giving little or no trouble.

Well wear.. Must watch for you on your daily travels ;)

No it is a CR afterall. Plus don't forget the golf buggys will fit too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Not much discount then when the guy had the 2 of ye there. Hope it wasnt one of the staff he wheeled out.

mickdw wrote: »
    Not much discount then when the guy had the 2 of ye there. Hope it wasnt one of the staff he wheeled out.

He'd a kid with him and everything. To be honest, the price was very keen to begin with. I'm extremely happy with the deal and got a lot of extras thrown in too.

Not my first choice of car but ticks the boxes if i put my sensible hat on

• Advertisement
Advertisement