Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House project 2011

Options
  • 15-01-2011 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all,

Long time browser, first time posting. :o
    Hope this can generate some help.

I am looking to start some renovation work in my house over the next couple of months. We are starting with some attic insulation this morning! After that cold snap, I have decided to look at a few other areas to make next winter more comfortable and less expensive!

I would greatly appreciate if anyone here could give me a steer on what I could expect to pay for the following jobs. Before I start ringing around I would like to have some ballpark costs.

- Cavity wall insulation
    - New oil boiler (replace an old model, prob about 13yrs old)
    - Solar panels to generate hot water

I believe grants are available from sei for the jobs also, but is there any restrictions in getting the grant ie. 1 grant per house or can you try and get all the grants available etc?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement