Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firebird Super Q Boiler

• 15-01-2011 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi there,
    we let the oil run out and just had it refilled. It wasnt working once we tried to put it back on so I tried to 'bleed' it by twisting what I thought was the release valve on the pipe entering the boiler. I filled 3 or 4 small jusgs of water and still nothing.

Any ideas?

Here is the boiler with the front cover off.

5356217989_34ab46d056_b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭dathi

you have to take the cover of the burner the boxey bit with the firebird sticker on it, the oil pipe is the braided pipe on the right hand side of the picture , follow it in when you have the cover of and you will see where it joins the burner, there should be a nut to the front of where it joins ,this is the one you have to open press the restart button and when oil starts to come out tighten.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Fiddlesnap

Thanks for your response
    it doesent seem to come off though. I have loosened the top bolt

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Fiddlesnap

Sorted! Thanks so much for your help!

Advertisement