Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

monitoring IIS

Options
  • 15-01-2011 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

I'm aware there is a wealth of information available through bundled Microsoft applications, but I need a little more functionality in the form of an email or SMS to be sent on server failure and a couple of customizable triggers.

I've been through iis.net and the closest thing I came to was a mention of this type of functionality was passed on to the dev's some time late last year. I've also spent hours scouring hotscripts and softpedia for such a thing but most are outdated and no longer maintained.

Is there such software that will give me data the same way Piwik does and offer live alerts to the admin on service failure?...

If history has learnt me anything it's that MS usually have things like this covered, finding the info on technet is the bitch though...

Maybe there's a way to set tasks or something to do this I dunno - I'm shtumped.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

Right, after more digging I've come across a piece of free software for windows that looks absolutely stunning, has more graphs and info about a windows server than you can shake a stick at, and has the ability to send emails on alarm triggers based on service status

res_spotlight_500.jpg
    1.png

spotlight on windows, although not what I need in it's entirety it does convey data in a neat way.

Still waiting on MS to support email alerts in iis, I'll post here as soon as it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Look at MS SMS and/or windows mangement server. You can monitor basically anything and make it send emails/texts etc when and event happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

amen wrote: »
    Look at MS SMS and/or windows mangement server. You can monitor basically anything and make it send emails/texts etc when and event happens.

could you post a link to Windows Management Server amen? ( all I'm seeing is windows server management 2008 )

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate at the moment, does the management server offer more in terms of functionality than 7?...I've never used a dedicated Windows Server OS before...

Advertisement