Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

claas baler

• 15-01-2011 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Thinking of buying a claas 46 rc baler with wide pickup,has any one any opinion on theese.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Thinking of buying a claas 46 rc baler with wide pickup,has any one any opinion on theese.
    Well we used to bale for a man before he got a 46 to do it himself. We still wrap the bales he makes himself and to be honest, they're brutal. Now he's the type who wouldn't look after a baler or have much interest in machinery but I'd say if you knew your stuff and bought a fairly straight one you couldn't go far wrong. Best of luck with it farmcracker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Our contractor used to have a 46. He ran it for 15 years - it was a good reliable machine with very few breakdowns, but kept it well and gave it a major servicing every winter.
    You have to drive slow with it to make good bales - it also helps if you make good wide swarts. If you plan on working it on less than 100hp, then you won't make great bales either.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭agrostar

Fairly good baler mechanically but not such a great machine to make a silage bale(hay and straw would be fine) from what i hear never worked a 46 myself just the newer 250's and 255's.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 farmcracker

bought it today delighted with myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

best of luck with it, ive gone through 5 of them they r a grand baler there is a type of bottle on the side of the baler near the v belt if the bales are poor then take this out, there is a spring inside of it if the spring is gone weak, it wont keep the correct pressure on the rear door to make a good bale you can use a couple of washers to sort this out till you get a new spring, And check if the cam bearings are ok the mountings usually have to be strenghtenedts a small job but worthwhile doing.the bearings cost about 15e each for 4 of them youll have no bother with it i havent ever had any anyway.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

Good man

Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 21 farmcracker

does any one know where i can get an operators manual for the claas 46 rc. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mickpbarry

you'll get almost any manual you want on agrimanual.com.

Here's the link for what you're looking for:

http://www.agrimanuals.com/claas-round-baler-rollant-46--rollant-46-roto-cut-operators-manual-4307-p.asp

It'll be a second hand manual, but they're usually in good nick. If there's options, make sure you get the one with the lubrication chart, there may be a couple of grease nipples out of sight. The lubrication chart will show you them all and also give you the greasing intervals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dspark

Hi, i just came across this forum lately and was wondering id anyone could help me? I have a Claas 255 Rotocut 2003 and the baler clock is acting up. Is there some where i can send this to be repaired? I'm also looking for a manual for the same baler and can't find it on agrimanuals. Help is much appreciated !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 733 ✭✭✭jeff greene

Dspark wrote: »
    Hi, i just came across this forum lately and was wondering id anyone could help me? I have a Claas 255 Rotocut 2003 and the baler clock is acting up. Is there some where i can send this to be repaired? I'm also looking for a manual for the same baler and can't find it on agrimanuals. Help is much appreciated !

This company was highly recommended to me
    http://www.dkelectronics.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 fridgerange

I am having a problem with my 255 baler- Does anyone know how much oil is supposed to go in the gearbox? Also where could I get a copy of the manual for this baler. It does not appear to be on the agrimanuals website.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 30 rocketjk

Liquid Grease is recommended according to the manual. dont know what the correct level is i will check it out

Hello and many thanks for your reply. I am confused by how much oil to put in the baler gearbox as there is no dipper stick!

There are two bungs on the gearbox. The first bung is located approx 2 inches from the top of the gearbox. The second bung is located approx 2 inches from the bottom of the gearbox. Do I fill the gearbox with oil until it comes out of the top bung or do I fill it until it comes out of the bottom bung (for an oil level) ?

Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭6480

Hello and many thanks for your reply. I am confused by how much oil to put in the baler gearbox as there is no dipper stick!

There are two bungs on the gearbox. The first bung is located approx 2 inches from the top of the gearbox. The second bung is located approx 2 inches from the bottom of the gearbox. Do I fill the gearbox with oil until it comes out of the top bung or do I fill it until it comes out of the bottom bung (for an oil level) ?

Any help appreciated.

gearboxs on alot of machines have two bungs the bottom one is for draining oil and the next one up is for filling oil into and to act as a level for the gearbox

EP 00 Grease. drain old by opening bottom bum nut and tightening when draining stops. Then open top and side bum nut fill from top until it comes out side hole. a 60cc syringe is what i use for liquid grease.

I was thinking that but I wasn't sure about the draining bung being 2inches from the bottom- would it not be better positioned nearer to the bottom (to allow for optimal drainage)?

Rocketjk,

Many thanks for your reply as all help is appreciated. Are you sure that it is grease that goes in the gearbox? is it not oil?

EP00 is whats recommended as per manual. It is liquid grease and is just a little more solid than gear oil. In a few disc mowers they also take liquid grease

rocketjk,

That's great- thanks for all your help! All I need now is some good weather....

Advertisement