Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxing sugar

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

whiteonion wrote: »
    Public health issues is something that I take a great interest in.

Teach the public to eat healthy instead of taxing them into eating health. I shouldn't have to suffer high prices because some lardarse doesn't have the discipline to eat a balanced diet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Nanny state gone mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I don't really have a problem with it TBH though I'd rather they were forced to display a label that showed that their food was unhealthy in excessive quantities and that those excessive quantities are in fact very low compared to healthy foods.

Realistically, they hide a lot of the bad contents in food in the labeling of ingredients and even when they don't, consumers would have to be educated to an unreasonable level in order to work out if a particular food stuff is healthy or not.

A lot of food that appears healthy for you and that is sold as healthy food actually has a lot of unhealthy preservatives in it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement