Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Football-where to go for watching the play offs?

Options
  • 15-01-2011 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi there,

since I have a friend from Boston staying with me, who, being a Patriots fan, would love to watch the match tomorrow (Patriots vs. Jets) - are there any pubs in Galway City or southern areas (Oranmore to Gort) which would show the play offs?

I personally haven't a clue about American Football myself, so I was wondering if anybody here would know...

Any help is very much appreciated!

Cheers,
    S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

I'm not sure what time they are on but i know the superbowl is usually on too late to be shown in Irish pubs.

I would assume a similar situation would happen with playoffs.

Or it would be so late it would be unwatchable in a busy pub

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ring Garveys on the corner by the bus station. I think they usually try to show the superbowl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Saroha

@irisheddie85:

Thank you for your reply, I know, but that particular match would be on at 9.30pm local time. So I was hoping that there would be a sorta sports pub out there...?

@biko:

Thank you, I'll ring them. Someone at work told me Garveys used to show it, but wouldn't do anymore. It's worth a try, cheers!

Ask in all pubs that show soccer, Kelly's, King's Head, Flannagans, blah
    Maybe one of them will show it.

• Advertisement

@biko:

Spot on! I just rang Garveys and they said they'll show it on sunday. Yay! Thanks a million! :-)

Boards saves the day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭mk7775

not much help now but i know bar903 used to show the superbowl! is that sports bar opposite charcol just off eglinton street still open? think they show nfl.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Saroha wrote: »
    @biko:

Spot on! I just rang Garveys and they said they'll show it on sunday. Yay! Thanks a million! :-)

Sunday is probably safe enough, Last year I tried to watch the play off games in Garveys on a Saturday and the band started playing in the 2nd quarter of the second game. Just a warning

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭SparKing

I would recommend The Dew Drop, it's more of a sports bar than Garveys.
    Loads of nice HD TVs and the staff are very accomodating.
    No offence to Garveys but it's a bit dead any time I've been in there.

• Advertisement

Thank you, SparKing, I've never heard of that pub, googled it and it looks really nice. So they definately show the matches tomorrow?

Cheers,

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 livefreeordie

+1 for Garveys.

As an ex pat I watch all the games there, great criac!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Fagans under the Meyrick hotel is a sports bar, and will probably have it on. Nice spot.

Advertisement