Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reduced cost neuturing Mayo/Galway

• 15-01-2011 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone know anything about reduced cost neutering for unemployed pet owners in Mayo/Galway?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭carraghsgem

contact your local spca, they should have vouchers and a list of vets on the scheme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

As far as I know it doesn't exist - please let me know if you find somewhere!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

It did exist but not sure how it works. Asked my vet just now if they take the dogs trust vouchers and they don't anymore.

Anyone else know for def if it's still going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I think that most if not all vets have run out of vouchers by now, don't know when the year starts and ends regarding this scheme. Sorry.

Thanks ISDW, so can I assume that any vets that have vouchers left will only let current customers use them? As in my mams regular vet doesn't have them so nothing else we can do?

• Advertisement

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Thanks ISDW, so can I assume that any vets that have vouchers left will only let current customers use them? As in my mams regular vet doesn't have them so nothing else we can do?

I think that my vets only got 20 vouchers for the whole year this time, so yeah, I'd say they would prefer to use them on regular clients.

Phone the Dogs Trust, and ask them if they are doing the scheme again this year, if so, ask when its starting, then book the dog in when the vets get the vouchers in:D

Ok I'll try that thank you. We had Cody at the vet this morning he has an infected prostate so we need to get him done when he is feeling better. Thanks for the quick replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

apparently vouchers will be out again the end of Feb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

OP contact vets in your area and see if they have Dog's Trust Neutering Vouchers - you can get the procedure done for a fraction of the price (usually €20) if you're getting a social welfare payment. You'd have to check out which payments entitle you to get it done. Also check your local SPCA, there are certain times of the year when they have similar vouchers that are available to everybody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

TillyGirl, I am sure I can help ;). We'll talk tomorrow evening, ok?

• Advertisement

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    OP contact vets in your area and see if they have Dog's Trust Neutering Vouchers - you can get the procedure done for a fraction of the price (usually €20) if you're getting a social welfare payment. You'd have to check out which payments entitle you to get it done. Also check your local SPCA, there are certain times of the year when they have similar vouchers that are available to everybody.

Its the Dogs Trust vouchers that have been discussed in this thread. DT didn't give very many out in 2010, and most, if not all vets have run out of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭john t

Dogs trust issue them but their not out yet, contact dogs trust too check what vet is on their list near you then contact vet and put your name on list..

EGAR wrote: »
    TillyGirl, I am sure I can help ;). We'll talk tomorrow evening, ok?

Thank you so much. I'll see you tomorrow evening xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Devi

Fair play to dogs trust. Personally I think if vets love animals, which I would assume they do, they would reduce their neuter/spay costs, especially for the unemployed. Cost me €260 to get my 6 month old done the other day. If I had of know what it was going to cost (they didn’t tell me before hand) I would have seriously considered not going ahead with it.

I know its crazy expensive especially for the larger breeds. I know vets have to make a living but their prices in general are mad.

Devi wrote: »
    Fair play to dogs trust. Personally I think if vets love animals, which I would assume they do, they would reduce their neuter/spay costs, especially for the unemployed. Cost me €260 to get my 6 month old done the other day. If I had of know what it was going to cost (they didn’t tell me before hand) I would have seriously considered not going ahead with it.

That is very expensive, where do you live?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Devi wrote: »

260 euro??!! Blimey, did he put platinum replacement plums on the dog!! Seriously, was that just for a neuter? Even a spay I never heard costing that much. I got my inlaws big collie male done last year and it was 110 euro. I remember getting my previous dog neutered in 2002, it cost 25 euro!!!

ISDW wrote: »
    That is very expensive, where do you live?
    Newbridge, in fairness that was microchipping aswell.

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    260 euro??!! Blimey, did he put platinum replacement plums on the dog!! Seriously, was that just for a neuter? Even a spay I never heard costing that much. I got my inlaws big collie male done last year and it was 110 euro. I remember getting my previous dog neutered in 2002, it cost 25 euro!!!
    Sorry that was a spay and microchipping aswell but still like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Any one have any updated info about getting dogs neutered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Any one have any updated info about getting dogs neutered?

Mod: Whereisgalway, please note that bumping up old threads is considered poor ettiquette. Please don't do it again. If you have a query and can't find a thread less than a few months old, then start a new one. Most of the posters on this one have since closed their accounts. Thread Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement