Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Templehouse Fest 2011!!!

Options
  • 15-01-2011 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Congratulations to Templehouse Festival who were awarded 'Best New Festival' at the European festival awards!! I was lucky enough to be one of those who attended it last year,and as i have been at Hifi,Electric Picnic and Oxegen(last 3 years) i can safely say Templehouse has been the most enjoyable!!
    So i have already booked my holidays for the 10-12th of June so i can be there again this year!! Unfortunatly i havent heard anything about the lineup so far which i find a bit unusual as the festival is less than 5 months away.Anybody know of anything????????
    Im sure its going to be even bigger and better again this year with the gud criticism it has received!!?:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I was at it last year too - it was a great little festival, with the highlight being Peter Hook's DJ set. He was class.

Good to see it moved forward in the year this time round - the only gripe I had with it last year is that it was a bit of a mud bath & was quite cold at night time for camping. Granted, having it in June is no guarantee of good weather, but at least it should be a bit warmer & the ground won't have had a few months of rain soaking into it as it did last year.

Not too worried about the line-up this year - there wasn't a whole lot on the bill last year that really excited me, but there was always something on that I enjoyed, which is kinda the point of a festival, I suppose.

And congrats on the award - well deserved I have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭lippy88

- the only gripe I had with it last year is that it was a bit of a mud bath & was quite cold at night time for camping. Granted, having it in June is no guarantee of good weather, but at least it should be a bit warmer & the ground won't have had a few months of rain soaking into it as it did last year.

Yes it was bloody freezin at nite i woke up the sunday morning shaking with the cold...lucky i didnt get pneumonia!!Yes fingers crossed the weather will be gud dis year!! Saying that...its on during the leaving cert examinations and i cant remember when there wasnt a nice sunny spell for them 2 r 3 weeks,over the past few years!!! If it turns out gud...it will be 1 exciting weekend dats for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

True... but just to note... you can't get pneumonia from being cold. You can't even get a cold from being cold!

Advertisement