Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Play Readings?

• 15-01-2011 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hey all, :)

Just wondering if anyone on here knows of any upcoming readings of new plays around Dublin city centre. I know the New Theatre does them sometimes but I can't find any info on their site about planned ones...

Basically I'm thinking of having one for one or possibly two of my own plays, but I really feel I need to see one first, get a feel for how it's done, if it would be suitable etc...there were a few interesting ones I quite wanted to see last year, but couldn't make any of them :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭inisboffin

There are frequently new (play and film) readings at The Attic Studio. As well as actor and director members, there are a lot of writers who are part of that community. The readings are for members at the sessions, but each member can also bring a guest.
    Once guests have attended they can apply for online forum access and regularly attend. Writer-members can submit their work to be considered for a staged reading.

I've seen some great stuff there, including readings of New Work by Irvine Welsh, Graham Cantwell etc.

Advertisement