Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E Systems Pc problem.

• 15-01-2011 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi guys, I'm hoping someone may be able to give me a bit of advice here. I bought a reconditioned pc, it's an E Systems (EI 304) running XP Professional (Media Centre). Window's on it doesn't validate. The seller told me to contact microsoft and they could do it over the phone. He said it was because he had reinstalled windows that there was an issue. I called Microsoft and gave them the product key which they said was fine but because it's running XP Professional (Media Centre), I'd need to contact the manufacturer for them to send me a cd that would rectify the situation.

I can't find any information on who to contact, there doesn't seem to be anywhere I can get an E Systems support number. I can't go back to the guy that sold it to me because he sold me 2 machines, and only after the fact did I check out the spec and neither one is what we had agreed. I tried for 3 months to get him to fix but after lots of excuses, I told him what I thought and he now refuses to do anything. I only have a number, name and bank details for him so needless to say, I'm stuck with the problem to sort out myself.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Sean.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Your up a creek alright but Microsoft would love to hear about this guy ;-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭J K

When you bought this second hand did you ask the guy to boot it up and show you the thing working

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sppob

When he setup the two pc's he started them up ok, all looked fine but it was only when I checked a couple of days later that I saw the hard drive was supposed to be 160 gig on each and it was only 40 on each, the main one was supposed to have 2gig of Ram and the other, 1 gig but instead they have 1 gig and 512mb. The dvd drives on both weren't working and only play cd's. I'm feeling like a bit of a gob****e here as I name out all the issues but I'm working on taking him to the small claims court once the Gardai track down an address.

The windows validation issue only came up after a few weeks. One of the machines validates fine but the other doesn't and this is the one that microsoft told me I need to contact the manufacturer (E Systems) for a disk and all because it's windows xp pro (Media Centre) seemingly.

Sean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45 cantthinkof1

Sppob wrote: »
    When he setup the two pc's he started them up ok, all looked fine but it was only when I checked a couple of days later that I saw the hard drive was supposed to be 160 gig on each and it was only 40 on each, the main one was supposed to have 2gig of Ram and the other, 1 gig but instead they have 1 gig and 512mb. The dvd drives on both weren't working and only play cd's. I'm feeling like a bit of a gob****e here as I name out all the issues but I'm working on taking him to the small claims court once the Gardai track down an address.

The windows validation issue only came up after a few weeks. One of the machines validates fine but the other doesn't and this is the one that microsoft told me I need to contact the manufacturer (E Systems) for a disk and all because it's windows xp pro (Media Centre) seemingly.

Sean.

Regarding your windows issue the problem is that your validation code or COA which is the sticker on the pc tower is for a home version of Windows XP and the seller used a different version most likely XP Professional.
    What you need to do is to reinstall windows using WinXp Media Centre Edition cdrom. The good news is I have that disk here nad have no need for it. So if you want it I am based in Clondalkin so call over and you can have it.
    As regards the other issues, chalk it down to experience and move on. Ram and HDD's are cheap as chips just go to adverts.ie and search for them.

Advertisement