Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - they finally did it

• 15-01-2011 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

There are four of us in the house. We have been with UPC for a while. Last year we got a fair usage warning letter. we were at a 3Mb/40Gb usage package at the time. so we upgraded to the 7Mb/unlimited package for an extra 10 euro... and that was the end of it.

last November we took a new contract with them under a totally dif name, 20Mb/unlimited/34 euro package. We got a new modem, digi box, the whole lot... In December we receive a "fair usage" letter waring us that we are above the limit of our "unlimited" package, which I personally really doubt.

any way, I took action, I changed the wifi password, and I personally kept a tap on my usage....

we got our January bill yesterday, and to our surprise, UPC upgraded us to the 100Mp/80 euro a month package !!!
    and just to top it off, speedtest.net shows we are still on 20Mb speed.

we are not sure what to make of this, shouldn't we receive three letters of warning before they do that? what are our rights under such situation, and what is the best action?

I still didnt get in touch with them, and would highly appreciate any help/feedback/advice...

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭billyboy01

The same sh1t happened to me just before Christmas charged an extra 80quid for nothing, So I cancelled my TV, BB and Phone services with them without charge under there T&C's of there new price hike on the 4th of Jan 2011. Now I have a similar priced and speed BB and phone package with another BB provider and have FreeSat HD and free Irish DTT for TV!:):):D:D:D:D :p:p:pUPC!!!

Advertisement