Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

getting photos onto my archos 10

• 15-01-2011 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

i have bought an archos 10,and i am having trouble loading photos onto it from either my camera or a usb stick.they will show as a slide show but once i disconnect the device i seem to loose all the photos,im am not that tec savvy as u may have guessed,how do i upload them so they will stay on the archos and i can edit at a later date?:)and while im at it, can anyone tell me how to load adobe flash player onto it because it keeps tellin me that it is not supported by the archos?:(:(.the poor thing is headin nearer and nearer to my open window.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I don't have an Archos but I'd imagine you should load up a file manager (like EStrongs File Manager).

I'd say this will see your USB key as a folder and allow you to copy and paste files from it to your internal memory. That's how it works for copying files from SD card to my phone with it.

For your Flash do you know if your Archos has been updated to Android 2.2? It definitely needs that to start with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

As other poster said, use a file explorer to copy files from usb stick onto internal memory. It's exactly the same as if you were to copy them onto a PC hard disk.

Adobe Flash is so slow it's unusable at the moment. There should be an update to fix this soon. The Archos 10 isn't worth using unless you tweak it. Go settings -> about device -> power management -> set to overdrive. Install google market, and launcher pro etc.

This device is not worth it unless you get someone (slightly) technical to set it up for you. If you get it tweaked/fixed tho it's the best tablet around. Problem is lots of non-technical users are giving it terrible reviews for these (justifiable) reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 boots73

many thanks to u both,just going to try out your suggestions now,i had already done as one of you had a suggested in an earlier post,or should i say my wife had.its a realy cool tablet and for the price i dont think you could wrong,thanks again:):),im shure i will be back for more advice again soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 boots73

Back again!! Think we got the photos sorted and went to reboot after loading them but now we seem to be stuck in a loop, it won't turn off or allow us to get back in. When I enter my password it goes to archos setup wizard and then just bounces back, a message comes up saying 'Process system not responding'. Have we killed it??? :eek:

Please help!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Ermmmmmmmm I've never seen mine do that :) Did you unmount the USB properly or did you just plug it out? Can corrupt files that way, so always unmount thingy first.

Anyway, you can reset it back to factory default:
    Here is the manual: http://www.archos.com/manuals/A101_EN_v1.1.htm#zzee_link_83_1294044103
    Refer to 20.3 for how to reset, it's pretty easy.

Why did you reboot after loading pictures!? When you enter your password? What password? Anyway, so save a lot of messing around just factory reset it. If this problem repeats itself bring it back for replacement. I had to get mine replaced, I had dodgy pre-release one, the usb port wouldnt work :(

edit:
    NOTE: When you have finished copying files the device will do a "media scan" of the whole lot. If you have LOADS of photos this can take a while. Just leave the device while this runs, don't interrupt it. Yes it's a bit annoying, something else archos said they would fix in next patch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement