Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakers/Scrap Yards

Options
  • 15-01-2011 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭

Currently living in Ratoath, so I'm looking for a breakers yard relatively nearby.

I've been to the one in Duleek and one Saturday I went to one out near Maynooth (which closes early on a Saturday :rolleyes: )

Are there any other ones around this area? I know I'm probably driving by an even closer one each day.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

there is one near kells maybe google it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Oristown motors is a huge breakers yard. Usually have what your looking for.
    Here is thier phone number.
    Thier located between Navan an Kells

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Not exactly close to you, but I always hear people talking about one in Kilcock, which I assume is this place:
    http://kilcockcardismantlers.com/

Seems to be big anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

There's a decent one in Swords on the airport road as well. Not too far from you either...There used to be one in Ballymun as well ( near Topaz garage ), don't know if it's still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

just heard of one in Collon, from slane turn left in centre of village , mile or two down there.
    What type of car have you ?, what do you need?

Rugbyman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭balon

N2 auto salvage on old Ashbourne road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Plenty there to investigate. Thanks folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

There's a decent one in Swords on the airport road as well. Not too far from you either...There used to be one in Ballymun as well ( near Topaz garage ), don't know if it's still there.
    That's Summerhill spares was originally in Summerhill in Dublin, moved out to Ballymun and then to Swords, great yard and they know what they have on the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

That's Summerhill spares was originally in Summerhill in Dublin, moved out to Ballymun and then to Swords, great yard and they know what they have on the phone

Don't think that's the one meathstevie is on about, the one he's talking about has been there for 20+ years and I was there looking for parts a few weeks ago and they seem to be clearing it out? Not sure if it's just a clean up or closure??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Don't think that's the one meathstevie is on about, the one he's talking about has been there for 20+ years and I was there looking for parts a few weeks ago and they seem to be clearing it out? Not sure if it's just a clean up or closure??

The Bolands wouldn't be closing up shop would they ? Every once in a while they probably get shod of the stripped useless carcasses I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Davereport

I got a second hand head light from N2 Auto Salvage. But when I brought it to the mechanic it wasn't the correct light for my model. I eventually had to buy a new headlight. When I brought the other headlight back to N2 Auto Salvage they refused to give me a refund and only gave me a credit note.

So I have to wait for something to go wrong with my car and then hope that they have the part I need.

They sold me something that was not for for purpose and then think it's ok to give me an equally useless piece of paper in it's place.

There are a lot of scrap yards out there and certainly enough that you shouldn't risk losing your money in this place.

Again, I will say - DO NOT GO TO N2 AUTO SALVAGE

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Did you not check it out at the counter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Davereport

It looks similar and it is for a Honda Civic. It's just not for the model of Honda Civic I have.

I would imagine there would be some sort of comeback as they are a business but as with any secondhand purchase I'd make sure it was right before parting with cash.

Edit: other than a useless credit note that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Davereport wrote: »
    I got a second hand head light from N2 Auto Salvage. But when I brought it to the mechanic it wasn't the correct light for my model. I eventually had to buy a new headlight. When I brought the other headlight back to N2 Auto Salvage they refused to give me a refund and only gave me a credit note.

So I have to wait for something to go wrong with my car and then hope that they have the part I need.

They sold me something that was not for for purpose and then think it's ok to give me an equally useless piece of paper in it's place.

There are a lot of scrap yards out there and certainly enough that you shouldn't risk losing your money in this place.

Again, I will say - DO NOT GO TO N2 AUTO SALVAGE
    Just got a quote from them for €50 for a headlight for a 01 corolla.
    I can buy a spurious one brand new in a box for €45

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ChicaneAuto

TD Caldwell and Sons LTD Ballinlough Kells, Good stock.

046 9243150

Ask for Aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Oristown

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eric558

DO NOT GO TO N2 AUTO SALVAGE
    Buy 500 quid of parts with them went there my parts was not ready they say will drop to my mechanic the next day call them give them
    the address i say will they for them on the street near my mechanic but they say they must have an exact address the van wont leave
    the scrap yard call them but always busy got them 1 hours later they it too late wont deliver now you have to collect you took too much
    time to give an address if you don't want to deliver no need to tell all sort of lie never again will go there .

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭rs8

the place in kilcock is good i find!

Were would i get a rim/ Tyre for a vw golf plus anybody?

• Advertisement

Pretty much every breaker's yard should have suitable rims.

bladespin wrote: »
    Pretty much every breaker's yard should have suitable rims.

Any idea how much they charge?

lisar816 wrote: »
    Any idea how much they charge?

I got a wheel and good enough tyre for a golf iv (slightly different size) for €15 recently, I was buying a few other things at the time so imagine that was pretty good.

Advertisement