Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number transfer to New sim.

Options
  • 15-01-2011 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Have gotten myself a new phone and a replacement sim after an... interesting night out in Dublin.
    I called up Meteor and got them to cancel my sim and then today called them up to transfer my number/credit. Called them up little over an hour ago and she said that it was grand and in an hour it'd be sorted.
    She didn't give me any other instructions so I put everything in the phone and set it charging.

Have it turned on now but it says emergency calls only and no network found etc.

Should I just leave it for another while or have I made a mistake in using the sim card before the hour was up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,228 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Hour is the max it should take, the reality is it takes about 5 minutes or less so something is gone wrong you need to call them.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 smellslikelemon

Rang them up before work there, apparently the hour thing was a total lie and it takes about 6/7 hours. He told me to ring them back if it's not working after 24 hours. feck sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,228 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's gone wrong, it should have taken 2 minutes, bet you'll be calling again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Why didn't you just get a blank replacement sim? that would take a few minutes to change and your number and credit would already be on it, then just throw away the sim pack that came with the new phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 smellslikelemon

went through this morning, took longer but it's working perfectly now, credit transferred over and everything :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement