Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E51 sms sending problem. "Close some applications and try again"

Options
  • 15-01-2011 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Has anyone come across this before? I believe it's a problem inherent to the E51.

I can make & receive calls, and receive sms texts but just can't send them. I don't have an internal memory card on the phone and have very, very little data saved on the phone, hardly any photos or messages.

Any ideas what I need to do?

I'm getting the "General: Memory full. Close some applications and try again" message. I don't have any apps on the phone.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

BrendanMG wrote: »
    Has anyone come across this before? I believe it's a problem inherent to the E51.

I can make & receive calls, and receive sms texts but just can't send them. I don't have an internal memory card on the phone and have very, very little data saved on the phone, hardly any photos or messages.

Any ideas what I need to do?

I'm getting the "General: Memory full. Close some applications and try again" message. I don't have any apps on the phone.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Had this phone for a couple years and got this problem a few times especially later on.

Restart the phone, delete some messages in your inbox. In fact, the more you delete the better. I think that is it the "ram" of the phone that is full when you get those messages which usually be caused by too many apps open, but if you have a huge inbox/outbox/etc the messages are prefetched to display them faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Did it work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 BrendanMG

Did it work?
    But I don't have anything stored on the phone you see, apart from 11 inbox messages & 6 photos. Nothing in outbox, no apps 'cos I never browse the web with it, and no nownloaded ringtones. There's 121 Mb free on the phone. I backed up my phone settings, messages & photos onto my pc, downloaded the latest version of firmware, and then re-loaded the phone settings etc. from pc back onto the phone but it hasn't solved the problem.

From what I've gathered from other forums it's a problem that plagues a lot of Nokia phones and some people have been able to rectify it by downloading the latest firmware but it hasn't worked for me. Not sure what to do next.

Advertisement