Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eddie Howe new Burnley manager

• 15-01-2011 4:26pm

I see Burnley pulled off a real coup getting this guy in.

He kept Bournemouth in football league in 2009 despite having a 17 point deduction against them and at one stage he had to call upon a teenager from the youth squad he was so plagued with injuries.
    the year after he got them promoted to league 1 and they currently sit pretty 3rd in league 1.

A truly amazing record and he is only 33.

http://wedontknowfootball.wordpress.com/2010/03/30/eddie-howe-miracle-man/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Didnt he come out the other day and say he was staying?

This is Brian Little style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

tommyhaas wrote: »

He said no to the Charlton job, then Burnley came in.

tommyhaas wrote: »

He did but tbh i don't think he owes Bournemouth anything. He has revolutionised a debt ridden club during his tenure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Sounds like a great appointment, he did an amazing job at Bournemouth. Nice to see some sense from the Burnley owners after the crazy choice they made in picking Laws the last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

DH2K9 wrote: »
    He said no to the Charlton job, then Burnley came in.

Yea but he'd been linked with Burnly before he came out and said he was staying
    He did but tbh i don't think he owes Bournemouth anything. He has revolutionised a debt ridden club during his tenure

I agree, he's done an amazing job there and and deserves his chance at a bigger club. Probably shouldnt have come out and said he was staying though 3 or 4 days before leaving

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

lol, saw the interview on SSN about him staying. He never looked very happy or comfortable about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

It will be a different kettle of fish at Burnley but there's no doubt EH is one to watch.

Advertisement