Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring to an outside shed

Options
  • 15-01-2011 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey folks,

A quick question:

I've routed an SWA cable (2.5 twin and earth) from my customer unit to a garden shed. i've a trip switch enclosure (in the shed) to house 1*10A MCB and 1*20A MCB for 2 lights and 3 sockets (radial) respectively.

My question is, although I've seperate MCBs for the lights and sockets, is it ok that both circuits are using the same live and neutral?

I have not yet connected to my customer unit, but plan to use a 30A MCB for power isolation purposes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

-your cable is undersized really for what you are attempting to do

i'd recommend you get a sparkie to finish off the job

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

ye i recommend you run a bigger cable ,a 6 square would do you protected by a 32 amp mcb ,then in your sub board a 20 amp rcbo for sockets and a 10 amp mcb for the lighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BrillPhil

I'll get a bigger cable then

thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

3 core 6 square or even 10 square SWA and bury it deep underground to the garage.

Then you can run what ever you like off it.:)

Also,your fuseboard in the shed needs to be an IP rated board too.;)

Advertisement