Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Time

Options
  • 15-01-2011 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭

Probably one for the Steam users out there. How long do you devote to game time?

TF2 would be top of my hour played list by a country mile. I'm probably close to 290 hours over the last 3 years. In my defence - and I actually feel I need to justify the huge amount of time I've put into gaming - it isn't exclusive me playing and I also have a terrible habit of leaving the game running while I'm off doing other things. Still, I'd be surprised if I wasn't responsible for over 200hrs worth of game time over those 3 years.

Other examples would be Bad Company 2: 60hrs. Again, not exclusively me!
    Borderlands: 60hrs
    FM10: 60hrs. I think I've only completed 3 seasons in this time. It's a great game to let idle in the background while I'm off doing something more productive on the computer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

Head-wreckin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

1111.9 hrs

Football Manager 10. :o

Not all game play, alot of times I would leave it running in the background for an hour or two each day. Still nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    1111.9 hrs

Football Manager 10. :o

Not all game play, alot of times I would leave it running in the background for an hour or two each day. Still nuts.

Thank you for making me feel better about myself ;)

I've seen 1500+hrs on some profiles for games like TF2 and CS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Dragon Age Origins: 60 hours.
    COD: Black Ops - Multiplayer - 107 hours.

They are the longest, but if STEAM had recorded time spent back in 2004-2005, then I am sure my CS: Source would be roughly 1000 hours.

Crazy stuff, but then again its cheaper than going to the pub, the crowd is generally nicer, and there is a sense of achievement as opposed to a feeling of sickness the morning after. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

I've clocked up about 230 hours on the original Left 4 Dead. Not bad considering I haven't put any serious time into it for over a year.

I've no official stats to back this up of course, but I reckon I've put over 300 hours into both Rome TW and Medieval II TW (including mods and expansions etc).

Oblivion has also seen over 100 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

A small snap shot, I only use xfire 25% of the time. I only log in due to people telling me to

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/122382/143538.png

Steam isnt great for game time stats since they only started recording game time 2/3 years ago, maybe less

Other big numbers include 1000+ hrs of WoW
    250+ hrs of eve online
    400+hrs BFBC2
    600+hrs CSS
    80+hrs SupCom2
    100+hrs crysis

I could go on, but my E-penis couldn't get any bigger at this stage....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Krieg wrote: »
    A small snap shot, I only use xfire 25% of the time. I only log in due to people telling me to

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/122382/143538.png

Steam isnt great for game time stats since they only started recording game time 2/3 years ago, maybe less

Other big numbers include 1000+ hrs of WoW
    250+ hrs of eve online
    400+hrs BFBC2
    600+hrs CSS
    80+hrs SupCom2
    100+hrs crysis

I could go on, but my E-penis couldn't get any bigger at this stage....

15 hours of Sims 2, eh? ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

^^ such tiny numbers
    only definite number count is through WoW on all characters for the past 6 years is 11040 hours i would say half of that is me being afk and maybe 1000 hours just chatting ingame, so about 4000 hours of genuine gaming in WoW over the 6 years.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

black op-13hrs
    fallout nv-70hrs
    football manger 09-51 hrs
    Just cause 2-50 hrs
    masseffect -19hrs
    napoleon total war-19 hrs
    empire total war-52hrs
    civ 5-25 hrs
    sp 2-2 hrs (really disapointing game)
    DOW 2-16hrs

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Between Vanilla and Super Street Fighter 4 (360) I'd say I have over a thousand hours clocked up in about 2 years. Most of that would be spent in training mode and it wouldn't include the casuals or tourneys I attend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I wish I could see the amount of hrs I put into coh between april 07 and september 08,I bet its alot.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Have about 2000 hours of COD4, 1000 of CSS and COD2, and about 4/500 of AOEII I reckon.

About 500 of WoW, 300 of Aion, and about 300 combined of other MMOs

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

about 700 hours on Modern Warfare 2, says I have 30 days playtime but I've no idea how much of that is actual ingame playing, a leaving it sit on the main lobby while online factors in to that too I think, still though , jesus... I was sick for about 8 months and off work so thats where I racked up such big time, being housebound and having a ps3 with free online game seriously paid off :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Big time sinks for me would have been

Fallout 3 150+
    Fallout NV 150+ and counting
    Oblivion 170
    Red dead redemption 80 hours

Rock Band and Rhythm Games in general :confused: on average I'd clock 4 - 5 hours a week on them and have 3 dead guitars that had the life strummed out of them and drums that have been pounded into submission :o a conservative estimate in the last 3 years would be 400 hours :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I must say I'm pretty decent when it comes to time sinks. There are just too many games out there IMO to get bogged down by one or two. My most extreme examples would probably be around 150 hours between Persona 3 and 4, 100+ for Oblivion (which amazed me considering how many serious issues I had with the game, but I just couldn't stop), countless for the Rock Band series. Thankfully there are very few I've topped 100 hours with, and the ones I have are mostly intensive single player RPGs. As much as I enjoy the likes of TF2, I tend to only dip into them occasionally for a few hours, because there's always something new and shinier to move onto :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

When you think of the few games we all have listed though, with massive amounts of hours invested in them you have to think of the value for money had too, then you think of the 99% we play once and finish and never go back to after 10 hours :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

calex71 wrote: »
    When you think of the few games we all have listed though, with massive amounts of hours invested in them you have to think of the value for money had too, then you think of the 99% we play once and finish and never go back to after 10 hours :(

Value for money is definitely something to consider - 2000 hours for 19.99 is certainly a good return on investment! I just couldn't bring myself to devote so much time to a game. That's a lie actually - I could, but that's why I've purposefully avoided MMORPGS :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

TF2 - 1378.54 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Oblivion - 200 hours
    Left 4 Dead - 400 Hours :o

I regret nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,788 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Wow. Longest that I know of playing online was 120 hours on Team Fortress 2. Hard to judge other games but probably spent around 150-200 in most of the GTA games.

Doubt anything else has come close to those.

• Advertisement
Advertisement