Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a good sampling solution!

Options
  • 15-01-2011 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

I need a sampler that can sample multiple inputs, e.g my synth, guitar and microphone all plugged in to one sampling/looping unit, and alter samples I play back on my computer as well. I was looking at the electribe esx1 and they'd be along the lines of what i'd go for, but i'm not sure if they're able to do what i need, and i'm not too into getting a boss loop station, I need good control over playing back, overdubbing etc. and would preferably be able to sequence the samples too, can someone please recommend a good sampling/sequencing device for me? or what kinda equipment would i need to have this setup? thanks,
    Seán.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

would a laptop do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

ElSeano93 wrote: »
    I need a sampler that can sample multiple inputs, e.g my synth, guitar and microphone all plugged in to one sampling/looping unit, and alter samples I play back on my computer as well. I was looking at the electribe esx1 and they'd be along the lines of what i'd go for, but i'm not sure if they're able to do what i need, and i'm not too into getting a boss loop station, I need good control over playing back, overdubbing etc. and would preferably be able to sequence the samples too, can someone please recommend a good sampling/sequencing device for me? or what kinda equipment would i need to have this setup? thanks,
    Seán.

If you're looking to use something for live use, then the Kaoss Pad is probably the most user friendly and effective.

With the ESX you could only load in pre-recorded samples, and them sequence them really.

I think maybe an MPC would be more along the lines of what you're looking for,
    they're great for recording linear audio.

Advertisement