Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at Western Gate Building

• 15-01-2011 6:25pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the story is with parking at the WGB? Can students park there? I've seen what look like Pay & Display machines. How much is it per hour etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

As far as I'm aware students aren't supposed to be able to park there, the spaces are for staff, like the main campus during the day. There are a couple of spaces just inside the gate though before the barriers that I think are for visitors or whatever which you could chance. Don't think there are ever too many of them going though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

what Aodan83 said. the car park is staff only, swipe key to access and €2 to exit. there are about 20 pay and display spaces outside the barrier, that anyone can use. these fill very early though.

The park and ride at Dennehy's cross is very close though. You can actually walk down through Brookfield Health Science Complex and into the WGB over a pedestrian bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

The Pay and Display is €2, for either 1 or 2 hours, I forget. The car park is open to all on the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 wideawake1

How about in the evenings, does anyone know if the WGB open to students then? The UCC campus map has it marked as a 'Visitor Car Park'!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

It's not. There is a visitor car park just outside the staff carpark, with about 20 pay and display spaces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

deRanged wrote: »
    It's not. There is a visitor car park just outside the staff carpark, with about 20 pay and display spaces.
    i'm pretty sure there's about 10 spaces that are pay and display.
    it used to be free to park in all UCC car parks at night but last year they stopped this(a security guy told me that the greens brought in a new rule whilst in power). however they "turn a blind eye" in the WGB because i have parked there plenty of evenings. the barriers stay up and the pay and display spaces are usually free in the evenings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

there are about 10 pay and display spaces, they are €2 per hour and almost always full, so i wouldn't depend on them, if you are in WGB for more then an hour i would recommend either park and ride or get in early to the around campas car parks e.g dennehys cross is usually full by about 8.30am...etc.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Dennehys Cross is normally a good one alright for free parking or the car park across the road is pay and display as well

Advertisement