Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco price increase??

Options
  • 15-01-2011 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭

Hi was just wondering if any one else noticed a price increase in Tesco in Carlow, I have I know they done some great offers before Christmas but some items I get every week Ive seen a jump up in price

Like Kiaora Juice was 1.55 now 1.65 that's just one example! but I have seen my shopping increase by more than 20 euro and I have not changed what I am buying

I wonder if its the vat increase in the UK effecting us here, or are they upping prices to get more money in after the bad weather.

Think I will be shopping around again!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I prefer not to support Tesco, if I can, because of how they treat suppliers and the stealth price increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 philkelly32

i have noticed this but in all the supermarkets. 10 to 20c increases on most items

disgrace considering money cuts people have had recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

I've actually switched to Dunnes, because Tescos selection is getting increasingly poor food-wise, and they are slowly increasing prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

We do all our shopping in aldi in Graigecullen as it supports alot of local businesses and Irish business compared to some of the large multi-nationals e.g Seary's cakes in Tinryland, veg producers in Kilkenny and meat producers in Tipperary.

It also is easier to get into and out of than the one in Hanover on a Saturday! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Over the years I've had to switch between the major stores as each one would raise prices and I'd see a massive increase in my weekly shopping bills.

This lasts a few weeks on average and then prices drops back a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Well I will be switiching around and if I have to I will go to a few to get all I need even if it is a pain.
    What annoys me about tesco is Im sure I read in the paper they still made money over the last two months regardless of the bad weather etc.

some of their clothes have gone up a euro or more I bought a set of bibs in october for 3.50 and the exact same set is 4.50 now big jump!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Baby75 wrote: »
    some of their clothes have gone up a euro or more I bought a set of bibs in october for 3.50 and the exact same set is 4.50 now big jump!

Yes, it's great to be in a business where one can iron out any slight cash flow dips by putting up prices willy nilly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

tommycahir wrote: »
    We do all our shopping in aldi ;)

i do too. Aldi has most of what i need these days and for at least 3/4 of the price tesco charge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭hadepsx

yes increases all around yet wage cuts= bad business. ud think tesco wud realise this, they must be losing alot of business. i mainly use aldi food quality has improved alot, although i wouldnt use their mince meat too much bits of grind in it. it pays to shop around easily save E40 - 50 on weekly shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

aldi fillet steaks are well tasty :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Supermarket giant Tesco has rung up record annual profits yet again despite the economic downturn, and declared there is little danger of a double-dip recession in Britain.

Britain's biggest retailer posted underlying pre-tax profits of £3.4bn for the 12 months to the end of February, a 10.1% rise on the previous year.

For the full Article Click the link
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/apr/20/tesco-rings-up-record-profits-again

Advertisement