Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marlin .22wmr

Options
  • 15-01-2011 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what there like.ivd seen a few posts on diff sites and so far so good
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

what are you gonna be shootin lad? what sort of range do you think you'll be shooting at? do you have any experience with rifles?

marlin make good rifles i have one, a 917v in .17hmr. well made and very accurate. what model wmr are ya lookin at?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

djflawless wrote: »
    Anyone know what there like.ivd seen a few posts on diff sites and so far so good

great little piece of kit.
    the lad i go out shooting with has a marlin .22mag and there a great little gun.
    he uses the cci ammo which is 14 euro for a box of 50 usually.

i'd say you deffo wont regret getting one.
    good on foxes out to 120 yards or more if you can place the shot. rabbits well out past that again if you can have the accuracy
    cheap ammo so its good for grey crows up to foxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Well all il be doing with it is shootin foxes and rabbits anything under 150 yards.prob not gonna bother tryin to put a moderator on it.prob be using subsonics.iv been told thats me best shot anyway.ive a bit of experience using a mates 223 ruger so il know what im at

afaik you cant get subs for a 22wmr, im not sure but garv has one he should be able to tell ya for sure!

have ya considered a .17hmr? bit more expensive to run but it will give you more range on rabbits and foxes and is a flatter shooting round

afaik you cant get subs for a 22wmr, im not sure but garv has one he should be able to tell ya for sure!

have ya considered a .17hmr? bit more expensive to run but it will give you more range on rabbits and foxes and is a flatter shooting round

i dont have one but the lad i shoot with all the time has one.
    il be getting a .22mag or .17hmr in the summer when im finished my first year off college. prob send away for it before but wont have one till then.

and it was said on another thread that you cant get subs and that a moderator is pretty pointless.
    never seen one with a mod on it to be able to judge.
    there's not that loud a crack of them compared to the centre fire rifles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Well all il be doing with it is shootin foxes and rabbits anything under 150 yards.prob not gonna bother tryin to put a moderator on it.prob be using subsonics.iv been told thats me best shot anyway.ive a bit of experience using a mates 223 ruger so il know what im at

You won't be using subsonics for a 22wmr. pointless. Check this thread out,#http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056118742
    I have a Marlin .22 wmr. Go for one of the newer models with the T900 trigger system as they have a lighter trigger pull.

You won't be shooting foxes out to 150 yards with it either although provided you get one in close enough you'll kill them, other wise they just run off with a hole in them.

Here's a couple I shot during the summer with my Marlin.
    20062010689.jpg

15062010687.jpg

my bad lad i thought ya had one, it was that thread i remembered ya talkin about it! knew ya had been shootin one anyway nfrom other threads

You won't be using subsonics for a 22wmr. pointless. Check this thread out,#http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056118742
    I have a Marlin .22 wmr. Go for one of the newer models with the T900 trigger system as they have a lighter trigger pull.

You won't be shooting foxes out to 150 yards with it either although provided you get one in close enough you'll kill them, other wise they just run off with a hole in them.

you can knock a fox and ive seen it done out past 130 -150 all have been headshots

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭The Big Fella

150 yards is a long way out for a .22 magnum on a fox at night. But as they say shot placement is crucial.

150 yards is a long way out for a .22 magnum on a fox at night. But as they say shot placement is crucial.

yeah i agree. its always the case. they're great little guns but theres less room for error than the bigger bullets from a center fire.
    still wouldnt put me off getting one though. practice practice practice is crucial

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭tfox

garv123 wrote: »
    i dont have one but the lad i shoot with all the time has one.
    il be getting a .22mag or .17hmr in the summer when im finished my first year off college. prob send away for it before but wont have one till then.

and it was said on another thread that you cant get subs and that a moderator is pretty pointless.
    never seen one with a mod on it to be able to judge.
    there's not that loud a crack of them compared to the centre fire rifles

Cant say for the WMR but on my HMR the mod makes a nice bit of difference. We all know you can never get rid of the supersonic crack but the less bang def makes a lot of difference, and animals dont seem as bothered by just the crack ?!

tfox wrote: »
    Cant say for the WMR but on my HMR the mod makes a nice bit of difference. We all know you can never get rid of the supersonic crack but the less bang def makes a lot of difference, and animals dont seem as bothered by just the crack ?!

ive never heard one with a mod so im just going by what was said in the link to the thread above

• Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I'm in the process of getting a new gun myself and I've heard nothing but good things bout Marlin from hunters with many more years on the clock then me:)

Advertisement