Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranormal going-ons in Athy

Options
  • 15-01-2011 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    Thought this would be more suited to here rather than paranormal but if mods have to move it apologies.
    After reading some posts on boards and talking to my uncle I was wondering if anyone had any stories of any ghostly happenings around the town.
    Im fairly skeptical me self but my uncle, who used to live in Athy told me he heard alot from friends which is typical! BUT no first hand stories.
    Somethin about a monkey and castles :confused: but I dunno been honest.
    Now about two years ago I remember been told some stuff about the town but I cant remeber any of it!
    Now I have a bit more interest in finding out about this kinda stuff Id love to hear any more of these stories about the town!! If anyone has any links Id appreciate it!!
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

half pished at the moment, so can't remember the story.....monkeys and castle has to be referring to White's Castle at the barrow bridge. The coat of arms, which is carved in to stone and inlaid into the castle walls, includes monkeys.

i just can't recall the story. google white's castle and see if you get anything.

the barrow bridge is called "crom a boo" bridge

Advertisement