Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That brown sauce with bruschetta?

Options
  • 15-01-2011 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

I just made some bruschetta and only when I started to eat it did I realize that something was missing... the brown sauce that often comes with it when I get it in restaurants, particularly TGIs. Any idea of what this sauce is, or perhaps it's a jus as someone suggested to me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Balsamic vinegar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

+1 on Balsamic Vinegar, although i think its a reduction they serve there. Just pour a bottle into a saucepan and heat until its reduced and thick and gooey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Or just buy a balsamic glaze - you can get them in the Tesco Finest range from a little squeezy bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

id stick with plain balsamic wouldnt used a reduction i find its tastier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Also

Alright cheers will give that a go!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Or just buy a balsamic glaze - you can get them in the Tesco Finest range from a little squeezy bottle.

Some brands call it balsamic crema/creme too incase you're trying to find it.

My work serve bruschetta with caramelised red onions, put red onion, a shot of port, some balsamic vinegar and sugar into a frying pan and let it reduce down until cooked and really sticky. Lovely.

Advertisement