Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

j1 2011, east coast!!

Options
  • 15-01-2011 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Ok really looking for advice, myself and 4 friends are heading on j1 this summer!!! ,,, I done LA in 2008 and was the best summer EVER (if any1 wants any advice let me know :P ) ... seen as iv done west coast wer defo doin east coast but wer looking for somwhere hot (sunworshiper ha) on the beach (not in city!!) but where theres a good bit to do aswell! (I visited friends in Cape Cod and really didnt like it, nothing to see or do :O !!!)
    We were thinking Wildwood, Jersey Shore but I heard its abit quiet so were now thinking Ocean City but im looking for any info on it ... jobs, accommodation, weather etc? Also what areas are the closest to travel and visit for stuff to do?? Dont know if NYC is close??
    Really appreciate if any1 can help asap as im booking flights next week ,,,, or any info on anywer else meeting the same description east coase???
    Also any advice at all on LA jus ask but id DEFO recommend best experience EVER!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks,
    Rachel :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ellie77

Hi Rachel!

We're doing the J1 this summer too! Starting off in NYC and then hopefully moving down to Ocean City! Heard nothing but good reports there's a discussion set up here already

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67468209&utm_source=notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=notify#post67468209

There's buses from / to NYC, look at njtransit.com

Hope this helps,

elle :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 xlou89x

hi Rachel..ur a star..Iv'e never been to the US before and im heading over to california for the summer...I'm thinking Los Angeles...so what advice have u got...also were did u look for accomedation,its seems so expensive.
    Thanks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 J1summer!

rmck wrote: »
    Ok really looking for advice, myself and 4 friends are heading on j1 this summer!!! ,,, I done LA in 2008 and was the best summer EVER (if any1 wants any advice let me know :P ) ... seen as iv done west coast wer defo doin east coast but wer looking for somwhere hot (sunworshiper ha) on the beach (not in city!!) but where theres a good bit to do aswell! (I visited friends in Cape Cod and really didnt like it, nothing to see or do :O !!!)
    We were thinking Wildwood, Jersey Shore but I heard its abit quiet so were now thinking Ocean City but im looking for any info on it ... jobs, accommodation, weather etc? Also what areas are the closest to travel and visit for stuff to do?? Dont know if NYC is close??
    Really appreciate if any1 can help asap as im booking flights next week ,,,, or any info on anywer else meeting the same description east coase???
    Also any advice at all on LA jus ask but id DEFO recommend best experience EVER!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks,
    Rachel :)

Hi Rachel!

Can you please give me advice on jobs and accomodation in santa monica?? Can't find a thing, going in June:D Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ni Bhuachalla

@rmck

hey wud really appreciate advice on LA pleez. hoping to hit up west coast in summer 2012 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Hey OP where did you get work and how, I know two people in LA for the year but am terrified the way things are there won't be any min wage jobs, with all those actors and the like out there!

• Advertisement
Advertisement