Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

posts per page

Options
  • 15-01-2011 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Can you guys bump this up?
    40 posts per page is not really that much and anecdotally it seems that many regular users are set to 40 posts per page as its the maximum.
    Could we try 200 or so? :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,264 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Can you guys bump this up?
    40 posts per page is not really that much and anecdotally it seems that many regular users are set to 40 posts per page as its the maximum.
    Could we try 200 or so? :)

there is a vbulletin greasemonkey script for firefox that gives you endless posts per page

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/8551 think thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

there is also the autopager firefox addon which works remarkably well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Unfortunately neither of those solutions are any use for those of us who don't browse Boards on Firefox :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Malice_ wrote: »
    Unfortunately neither of those solutions are any use for those of us who don't browse Boards on Firefox :(.
    Then quite frankly m'dear you're doing it wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Overheal wrote: »
    Then quite frankly m'dear you're doing it wrong!
    I don't think so, I have found Opera to be the fastest, least resource-intensive and most stable browser out there so that's what I use for Boards and general surfing. I use Firefox for web dev work, credit card ordering and downloading.

Plus I'm left-handed so I have plenty of experience of being awkward ;).

Anyway, apologies for going off-topic. I had a quick look at the
    site but there's nothing there for Vbulletin unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Malice_ wrote: »
    I don't think so, I have found Opera to be the fastest, least resource-intensive and most stable browser out there so that's what I use for Boards and general surfing. I use Firefox for web dev work, credit card ordering and downloading.

Plus I'm left-handed so I have plenty of experience of being awkward ;).

Anyway, apologies for going off-topic. I had a quick look at the
    site but there's nothing there for Vbulletin unfortunately.

It's not available on boards, but it's possible to go to at least 100 on vbulletin.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,958 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

One possible reason why the site would be against the use of going 200 per page is that the page impression numbers would drop off, meaning that it is less valuable to potential advertisers. This is entirely understandable for a site like Boards that is free to all its users and relies heavily on such advertising.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I believe the official reason is page load times at more than 40 posts per page combined with the traffic and the hardware in place may affect performance. I don't know if all of that is still relevant or valid, but I believe that is/was the official line anyhow.

Advertisement