Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundgarden to release live album

• 15-01-2011 8:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Hot on the heels of the live Pearl Jam album that came out yesterday, Soundgarden will be bringing out their first live album in March.

It will be called Live On 15, and was recorded in 1996, hence the 15 in the title I guess.

The track listing is

1.Spoonman
    2. Searching With My Good Eye Closed
    3. Let Me Drown
    4. Head Down
    5. Outshined
    6. Rusty Cage
    7. Burden In My Hand
    8. Helter Skelter
    9. Boot Camp
    10. Nothing To Say
    11. Slaves And Bulldozers
    12. Dusty
    13. Fell On Black Days
    14. Search And Destroy
    15. Ty Cobb
    16. Black Hole Sun
    17. Jesus Christ Pose

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Might get it if the price is right :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Might get it if the price is right :)

Depending on the price, might be worth picking up. I've never been a fan of Soundgarden but I like Cornell and, live, I think he is a hard man to beat. I would like to hear a professional recording from this time period and think it's great they've chosen to release this classic (for their fans) and not a more recent show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Is it just the one show or a compilation? I think i have a show from '96 with the same setlist. Cornell was absolutely polluted and started going on about fighting mike tyson and evander holyfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Is it just the one show or a compilation? I think i have a show from '96 with the same setlist. Cornell was absolutely polluted and started going on about fighting mike tyson and evander holyfield

It is being listed as being made up of recordings made during the West Coast part of their 1996 tour, so it sounds as if it will be a live compilation from that part of the tour and not all from the one show.

It is an interesting move on their behalf because it was on that tour that everything really went to pieces for them as a band, and the incident that you mention about Cornell happened around the time that Cornell had the throat problems that caused some shows on the tour to be postponed.

I would have thought the Superunknown tour would have sounded better for a live album, but I guess they wanted the live album to be one that took in their time right up to their final studio album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Sounds promising. If it were followed by a live dvd, I'd be a happy bunny...

• Advertisement

A dvd of the nude dragons show from last year would be epic. It was definately filmed because they released a video of beyond the wheel

A dvd of the nude dragons show from last year would be epic. It was definately filmed because they released a video of beyond the wheel

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Weren't their performances a bit ragged by 1996?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

Cant wait for this.

Nah, some of the shows sounded great, the boots from '96 i have all sound pretty good

• Advertisement

The last month or two of touring that year were iffy, with band issues, voice troubles and booze/drugs taken a big tool on perfoprmances, butthe first few months of the tour, from the summer to about Halloween were pretty good soundwise and performance wise.

Going by the media releases about this live album, all the songs are recorded during the West Coast section of the tour which I am pretty sure was during the good period.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Actually looking forward to this,will be good to listen to a gig from that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

whats the possibility of a european tour this year ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Cant wait for this also, glad too see tunes from Down on The Upside which usually gets shunned. Ty Cobb would be deadly to see live. Roll on the tour....

Kess73 wrote: »

Going by the media releases about this live album, all the songs are recorded during the West Coast section of the tour which I am pretty sure was during the good period.

The I5 in the title refers to Interstate 5 which runs up and down the west coast of the States.

The I5 in the title refers to Interstate 5 which runs up and down the west coast of the States.

Ahh cheers did not know that. I was just looking at the year of the tour when the songs were recorded, 1996, and took it from 2011. Which gave me my 15. :D

Had not noticed that what I thought was a 1 was actually an I.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Bought this today....when exactly it come out? Only €11.99 in HMV which includes a DVD of 'searching With my good Eye Closed', 'Let Me Drown', 'Face Pollution' from Chicago last year.

Mushy wrote: »
    Bought this today....when exactly it come out? Only €11.99 in HMV which includes a DVD of 'searching With my good Eye Closed', 'Let Me Drown', 'Face Pollution' from Chicago last year.

It came out last Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Thought as much. Its great IMO. That and new Mastodon.

Mushy wrote: »
    Thought as much. Its great IMO. That and new Mastodon.

I forgot about the Mastodon live album. I loved Crack The Skye, so I must check out the live album of that tour. Think they have a new studio album out towards the end of the year as well.

• Advertisement

I'm only 4 songs in and it's rockin!!!

Yeah, I like it too. The music sounds superb although the vocals are a bit hit and miss in places.

Advertisement