Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 Revival?

Options
  • 15-01-2011 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭

So, with the impending announcement of BF3, and a lot of peeps here playing BC2 regularly - anyone fancy a BF2 revival maybe over the weekend or suring the week?

I know a few of ye mentioned it on the BF3 thread, so though I'd throw a thread up dedicated to it.

Now, as BF2 does not support in game friends etc, we'll all have to get on either Xfire or Steam - though I'm not sure how well Steam supports BF2.

My in game nick is exactly the same, Dublin_Gunner, as it will be through all BF games!

All infavour of some BF2 vote Yay! 35 votes

Yay
    0% 0 votes
    Nay
    100% 35 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'd be up for it, I never did get too far up the ranks in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

Count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Could be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Would give this a go, however not on the latest patch. Can host a non ranked server np, just need agreement on patch version. As the patches progressed the game just got worse and worse imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

TheFairy wrote: »
    Would give this a go, however not on the latest patch. Can host a non ranked server np, just need agreement on patch version. As the patches progressed the game just got worse and worse imo.

IN order for peeps to play on most pubs, and ranked servers, the latest patch is a must.

TBH while certain earlier patches might be better in some ways, it would just be easiest to ensure everyone patches to the latest version.

We'd all be on the same playing field anyway, so no biggie.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Went poking around to get my copy installed and patched properly.

For the two soldiers on my account, only one reflects my current password, Gamespy still insists on an older password for the other one, despite multiple resets. I've never seen EA screw their accounts up like that.

Also, I can't hit a damn thing with the weapons, the spray on them is daft compared to modern shooters.

Spear wrote: »
    Went poking around to get my copy installed and patched properly.

For the two soldiers on my account, only one reflects my current password, Gamespy still insists on an older password for the other one, despite multiple resets. I've never seen EA screw their accounts up like that.

Also, I can't hit a damn thing with the weapons, the spray on them is daft compared to modern shooters.

I downloaded both patch 1.41 and 1.5 last night, but haven't installed yet. Might give it a go later on.

Yeah, gamespy was a big mistake. EA's account system has always worked flawlessly for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

do yourselves a favour and get qtracker to find game servers it works pretty well and it also has a friends list

oh I might be on for a game tonight, BF2 name is Ballbag101

Auvers wrote: »
    do yourselves a favour and get qtracker to find game servers it works pretty well and it also has a friends list

oh I might be on for a game tonight, BF2 name is Ballbag101

Hmm. Do you have to buy it? If so, could not be bothered! Seems to have a trial version, though cant see what the limitations are (is it time limited etc?)

Can't d/l it in work, so can't see if its limited or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Hmm. Do you have to buy it? If so, could not be bothered! Seems to have a trial version, though cant see what the limitations are (is it time limited etc?)

Can't d/l it in work, so can't see if its limited or not.

nah its not limited I have been using it for years, you can give a donation if you like

• Advertisement

Auvers wrote: »
    nah its not limited I have been using it for years, you can give a donation if you like

Cool, I'll give it a go later. Defo needed for BF2. They really should have released a patch for a friend list in BF2, after all, there was one in 2142... (and its the same engine)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Nah, think I will give this a miss TBH. It will just wreck your bleedin head, for the 1st week all you will do is curse the thing from a height.....although I would love a game of SPECIAL FORCES.

As was said already the spray and handling of the weapons are mental compared to what we used to now, and all the hassle of installing and patching for one game here and there is not worth it...:eek:

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Nah, think I will give this a miss TBH. It will just wreck your bleedin head, for the 1st week all you will do is curse the thing from a height.....although I would love a game of SPECIAL FORCES.

As was said already the spray and handling of the weapons are mental compared to what we used to now, and all the hassle of installing and patching for one game here and there is not worth it...:eek:

Ah go on, ya know ya want to!!! Just for a bit of nostalgia if nothing else.

There are also servers still running the demo, lots playing.

TheFairy wrote: »
    There are also servers still running the demo, lots playing.

That's great - but I for one don't fancy playing the demo, the one map - no unlocks? etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

is this still on ?

was a date/server selected?

amen wrote: »
    is this still on ?

was a date/server selected?

Nothing much further has happened.

We'll have to decide on a version (IMO the latest patch) and a server.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Patch v1.5 - 50 klick server...

problem solved :)

See...democracy never works...you need a strong dictator to tell people what to do ;)

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    Patch v1.5 - 50 klick server...

problem solved :)

See...democracy never works...you need a strong dictator to tell people what to do ;)

He he!! Good stuff! When? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

He he!! Good stuff! When? :p

I'm away till next Thurs but I can always get a game in tomorrow night :D

• Advertisement

Ok guys, so we all seemed on for this, so might we suggest a date to play?

Maybe this Thurs / Fri?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

What configuration does that server run ? 16/32/64 , maps ?
    Please say its not Infantry Only

I miss 32man Karkand w/vehicles

TiG can host a server if you want and badge it boards.ie, however it wont be ranked.

Will set up a 32 player server running the decent maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Spiritine

well whats the story is anyone gonna play it, im up for it, we had a 10v10 at cherryghosts LAN in athlone a couple of months ago, was great old craic, if needs be, i can setup a 16slot ranked on 1.5, the package i have has all the bf games

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'll jump on. Bit of advice: do not get into my jeep, do not ask for a lift if I'm driving a jeep, and if on the enemy team, and you see me approach, please drive over and I'll give you some TEA or 4... :pac:

the_syco wrote: »
    I'll jump on. Bit of advice: do not get into my jeep, do not ask for a lift if I'm driving a jeep, and if on the enemy team, and you see me approach, please drive over and I'll give you some TEA or 4... :pac:

packed with c4 eh? :D just start beepin the horn and hit E :D BOOM

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Murray135 wrote: »
    packed with c4 eh? :D just start beepin the horn and hit E :D BOOM
    Had it down to a tee. If there is a large space to your left, jump out, and jump, then click trigger. After doing so, keep hitting the parachute key, and you should survive with maybe 1% health. Find an enemy medic, kill him, heal yourself, get your kit back, and go forth.

In BFBC2: Vietnam, I'd often park (oh yes, I said park) the jeep next to their tank, walk away, and then blow it up.

Finally got around to installing this lol

Just finished updating to 1.5, gonna go for a quick round and sort out my settings.

Is there a no-cd thingy for this anymore?

Finally got around to installing this lol

Just finished updating to 1.5, gonna go for a quick round and sort out my settings.

Is there a no-cd thingy for this anymore?

I thought they removed the CD check in 1.5 or so? I could be wrong.

• Advertisement

Yea u don't need the cd to run the game now, great job

Advertisement