Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 Revival?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Murray135 wrote: »
    Yea u don't need the cd to run the game now, great job

Figured it out alright. After a few stupid, yet expected solid black screen, hard lock ups. I reinstalled patch 1.41 over patch 1.5 and it worked :rolleyes:

All maxed, 16xS AA = 100FPS lol

This bad boy is gettin v-sync forced upon it.

Anyway, if anyone is up for a game, hit me up on STEAM and send me an IP :)

I have it running 1920x1080. I noticed the hit detection was shocking - could that be due to running widescreen? Should I run it in a 4:3 res? (as thats all the engine natively supports)

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

.... I noticed the hit detection was shocking....

No its the shocking state that EA patched the game to! Horrible horrible mess is what is left.

TheFairy wrote: »
    No its the shocking state that EA patched the game to! Horrible horrible mess is what is left.

Ah. And that was only bots on an empty co-op server getting my settings right :( Haven't played it in so long! (I played it a little when 1.5 first came out, and probably not for a year or two before that).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

Think I might try find me cd's and hop on again.
    bf2 is the game that got me into fps.

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    Think I might try find me cd's and hop on again.
    bf2 is the game that got me into fps.

You were late to the party so! I did enjoy the original Doom, and Half Life and Unreal.

But for online FPS, Medal of Honour: Allied Assault was the one that started it for me. Was excellent. Joined my first clan playing that game :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

Ah sure better late than never!!
    (for online gaming anyway)

I played golden eye on the n64 a fair bit!!

star wars galaxies got me into gaming.

then a mate got me to buy bf2,
    I loved it from the minute I started playin it.

and then 2142 came out, and hmmmmm
    I played that game non stop for about 2 or 3 years.

cant wait for bf3.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Wolf3D got me into the FPS genre. I think HL1 was the first game I played online, in a net cafe.

=-=

With the choppers and aircraft, it looks like a continuation of BF2. Hoping it'll be sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

Can someone please explain why ms stats are completely blank despite putting in over 48 hours continues playtime? And why have already unlocked allthe guns????? not how I remember playing it in Area 51 at all :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

F.U.B.A.R wrote: »
    Can someone please explain why ms stats are completely blank despite putting in over 48 hours continues playtime? And why have already unlocked allthe guns????? not how I remember playing it in Area 51 at all :mad:

Aside from the obvious question of whether you were playing on ranked servers or not, what name are you playing under?

Spear wrote: »
    Aside from the obvious question of whether you were playing on ranked servers or not, what name are you playing under?

Yes Iam using ranked servers and My playing name is KWALSH20

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Yes Iam using ranked servers and My playing name is KWALSH20

Weird, three different stats sites report your account as 0 points. Are you using the current 1.50 patch?

I havent a notion mate lol I only Installed it Monday :)

I havent a notion mate lol I only Installed it Monday :)

Hmm, then it could be on the old versions, the servers of which aren't allowed submit stats any more. What edition did you get? And from where?

Its the EA Classics BF2 Complete Collection which for some reason none of the expansion packs work at all as I cannot regester it :confused:

Oh I got it off amazon.co.uk last year for a tenner

Oh I got it off amazon.co.uk last year for a tenner

On the startup screen, it should say the version in the corner?

1.0.2442.0?

1.0.2442.0?

That's ancient, you need this:

http://www.fileplanet.com/204626/200000/fileinfo/Battlefield-2-Patch-v1.5

It also gets you the booster packs for free. Bad news is that you've wasted all that play time.

Thanks mate shuld have known:rolleyes:

I started the download just after my last post and it is currently at 1.3/1.9 gigs

tipicle irish internet :mad::rolleyes:

also any irish clans recruiting?

• Advertisement

It didnt work :mad::mad::mad:

Is it because Iam using windows 7 64 bit?

It didnt work :mad::mad::mad:

Is it because Iam using windows 7 64 bit?

Should work fine.

However, you need to update to 1.41 first.
    http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bf2_2142/archive/2009/09/01/battlefield-2-update-v1-50-available.aspx

Everything you need is there.

Ok Iam on my 5th attempt hear as it always stops at 987 mb and says download complete is there any other way of getting this bloody pache other than direct download or torrent???????:(

Ok Iam on my 5th attempt hear as it always stops at 987 mb and says download complete is there any other way of getting this bloody pache other than direct download or torrent???????:(

Not to sound bitchy or nethin but i cant help but feel Iam being somewhat ignored:confused:

Not to sound bitchy or nethin but i cant help but feel Iam being somewhat ignored:confused:

No-one is obliged to answer you.

Despite your bitching, here's a torrent anyway:

http://www.gamershell.com/download_16477.shtml

Sorry :( and thank you very very very much :):):):) Again sorry for the bitchyness :o

You want them to post it to you or something??! :p

Try EA Download Manager

You want them to post it to you or something??! :p

Try EA Download Manager

I got the 1.41 no bother through that but for some reason the 1.50 kept stoping
    at around 900 mb but i found a torrent on gamershell (thanks spear :)) and
    that has fully downloaded and is currently installing perfectly

sorry for the noobish and b***** way i handled this and Thanks for all yer help lads :D:D:D

Ermmm.......:o I have a new problem...... punkbstra.exe server comunication error? turned off the fire wall and that worked for all of 10 seconds:(

• Advertisement

Ermmm.......:o I have a new problem...... punkbstra.exe server comunication error? turned off the fire wall and that worked for all of 10 seconds:(

Is Punkbuster installed and updated?

If not grab pbsetup.exe from here:

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Advertisement