Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Android phone for less than €251

• 15-01-2011 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭

I've been looking at android for a while and I'm thinking either a Wildfire or the OSF. Has anyone experienced both? I don't mind the price difference, I just want a good Android that I can use for 2 years as I have with all my previous phones. If the two devices were the same price, which would you buy? (I don't mind if the OSF is better value, just in a direct comparison, which one?)

Also, is it true that the OSF only features a TFT screen now, that they have downgraded recent batches from the original OLED? I thought I read that somewhere recently.

I'd also be interested in any phone in the price bracket between these two (<€251)

Thanks,
    Jackobyte.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

SF is TFT only now alright. Still a brilliant display. Can't comment on the wildfire. Not familiar with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Id buy the OSF over the Wildfire everytime if only for the screen size.
    Stupid QVGA on the WF throws loads off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

well i know loads of people that have wildfire and the resolution doesnt bother them. Though some games dont work on it or slutter.

As far as i know theres also an OLED version of the screen too. Should be nice in general.

Id probably pick it over the wildfire. Its much better value for money. Yet it doesnt look half as nice as the wildfire. Though the battery life on the wildfire is a bit better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

nvm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

well i know loads of people that have wildfire and the resolution doesnt bother them. Though some games dont work on it or slutter.

As far as i know theres also an OLED version of the screen too. Should be nice in general.

Id probably pick it over the wildfire. Its much better value for money. Yet it doesnt look half as nice as the wildfire. Though the battery life on the wildfire is a bit better.
    Do you know what popular games/apps don't work on it?

• Advertisement

well for starters you wont be able to play angry birds without upgrading to 2.2

That just shows that such a simple game takes so much effort to run on it. Dont expect to be playing games from Gameloft or anything including the word HD or 3D :) wildfire is just as bad too cause they both lower end slower processors.

If i was you id have a look out on Adverts.ie for a second hand high end phone. The processors didnt change alot since the start of last year so their pretty much the same stuff as the new ones and will give you much more pleasant experience. If you could expand your budget to 300 you would get a pretty decent phone ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Ive had both Widlfire & San Fransisco & Desire acctually.

San Fransisco is heads and shoulders about wildfire. The wildfire screen is very poor and makes internet browsing a nightmaring. Have to keep zooming into to read words etc.

Battery life on OSF is far better as well

idk well based on the reviews ive read average life on the ZTE Blade is 16 hours. My friends that have the desire all get around a day atleast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

My ZTE blade lasts 2 days with 3G on all the time. Screen auto brightness on. GPS off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

well for starters you wont be able to play angry birds without upgrading to 2.2

That just shows that such a simple game takes so much effort to run on it. Dont expect to be playing games from Gameloft or anything including the word HD or 3D :) wildfire is just as bad too cause they both lower end slower processors.

If i was you id have a look out on Adverts.ie for a second hand high end phone. The processors didnt change alot since the start of last year so their pretty much the same stuff as the new ones and will give you much more pleasant experience. If you could expand your budget to 300 you would get a pretty decent phone ;)
    Do you have one in mind?

EDIT: Actually, any opinions on the LG Optimus One?

• Advertisement
Advertisement