Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confused about rates

• 15-01-2011 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

I applied for and was accepted for JB.

A DSP letter was sent informng me that I qualified for the full rate of €188.

Bearing this in mind, I went over to the post office to collect my first payment on Wednesday and the amount on the system / given to me was only €156.

So, my question is, why was it not the €188 I was expecting?

I'm aware of the first 3 three days not being payable. Was this the reason?

If so, will I automatically receive the €188 rate when I go to collect this week?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

On the slip you got with your payment at the Post Office there should be the dates to which the payment corresponds. What dates are these?
    €156 would be payment for 5 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Herodotus

Looking at it now, it says 'Extra Days paid: 5'

The dates are 07/01/11 to 12/01/11

The day I applied / filled in all the forms was on the 7th.

The exact amount paid was also €156.70

Would you know what this means? Is it suppossed to be 7?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

It is supposed to be 6 - you get paid across 5 days as Sunday is not counted as a pay day. Jobseeker's Benefit is paid from Thursday to Wednesday - you have been paid from Friday to Wednesday as you only applied on Friday. The 3 waiting days don't seem to have been applied to your payment - but if you have had another claim recently you don't have to serve these waiting days again.

Advertisement