Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How accurate is the HIA website?

Options
  • 15-01-2011 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just doing a comparison on two Aviva plans there and according to www.hia.ie the Aviva business plan complete is €853, compared to the plan I'm on, the I plan level 3 at €1303.

However when I go to change cover on my account on the aviva website I get quoted €1297 for the business plan, quite a disparity.

I'm just wondering if anyone has noticed a discrepancy like this before or why the two figures are markedly disimilar.

Regards,
    R.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Those prices are correct that you have mentioned. There is only one plan, the BIz plan that you can buy online from Aviva. Are you in the policy manager section? If does not come up at that price, call Aviva on Monday and they will make the change over the phone. There are a couple of discrepancies on the HIA website in relation to a couple of prices and a couple of benefit details. ALways refer back to the handbook or rules of the particular plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Cheers Broker,

Very quick reply. I'll give them a bell on Monday as you suggest.

**Quick Edit**

Yes, I log in and go to My Policy > Change Cover.

There are a few plans I can buy, The Biz Plan, Business Plan, Business Plan Complete and the Business Plan Select.
    It was the Business Plan Complete that I was quoting at €853.

Many thanks.

R.

Just to follow up.

I rang Aviva and the price quoted for the Business Plan Complete over the phone was €853. The girl had no explanation as to why when I went to change it online that I was being quoted €1297.

Not really a satisfactory ending as I still don't know why there is such a discrepancy. Still though, if I do change I know I'll be doing it over ther phone and not online!

Hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

May I ask if you're over 50? The €1297 might be the price before the group discount and tax relief, and members over 50 get additional tax relief as they get older.

Hi NuMarvel,

I'm currently 38, although I do feel like I'm about 60 from time to time :)

Cheers!
    R.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

In that case I don't know where the €1297 comes from! I can't believe I have to admit defeat on a health insurance query :).

By the way, are you sure about being 38? You sound like a sprightly 25 year old :D.

Why thank you!
    And thanks for the input to the thread of course too.

I'll post back if there is a follow up to this.
    Cheers and good luck.
    R.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Quick question. The HIA site here is quoting the Laya Flex 500 Plus at €706.36, and the Laya Flex 250 Plus at €846.86. However, the Create your scheme feature on the Laya website has Laya Flex 500 Plus at €635.73 per year and Laya Flex 250 Plus at €753.74 per year.

Is this a case of prices having actually come down and the HIA website not updating itself, or is Laya omitting things from the same plan to make it seem cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BazzaDP

Wow just realised how old this thread was so will ignore all but the last question.

Gaiscoch you get a 10% discount when purchasing those plans online.

The HIA website should be accurate with the following exceptions:
    1) Insurers can offer up to 10% discount on the published price at their discretion like Laya do above which is often used for online promotions.
    2) Prices are for today so any quotes for future dates will not include any price increases or decreases (check out the latest news section of the HIA website to see any upcoming price changes).

Advertisement