Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Work Abroad

Options
  • 15-01-2011 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hello all,

I'm thinking of heading off for the summer months to work abroad. There are a few things that would sway my choice on where to go:
    - Job Availability
    - Sun
    - Near the sea (I'm into Scuba Diving)

Not pushed about what type of work it is really, the plan is to work for the first 3 months of the summer and then maybe travel around a bit for a few weeks afterwards.

Any recommendations as to where I could find these things would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Hey, I worked last year as a PR/Ticket seller for a party crew in Sunny Beach Bulgaria and had a great time. Okay the money is not what your used to here unless your a great ticket seller!

Unfortunately I don't know what type of work your up for so it's just a suggestion.

Last Year in Sunny Beach there were lots of jobs available for this type of work.
    Yes there is lots of sun! TOO MUCH, but who am I to complain :P
    Its a massive beach, so plenty of scuba diving!!

I could give you details of the guys I was working with if you need them? or some other companies you could apply with.

If you know a few languages basically, you are an ideal candidate. However I only knew English and was struggling at the start but after 2 weeks, I had picked up enough of each language to talk with people in their language.

A great experience. Lots of partying, free drinks, and all with a great bunch of people.

Again I have no idea, what sort of a job you are looking for so this is only a stab in the dark.

Hope it helps.

PM me if you need any more info on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭t1mm

Cheers for the reply! Not sure I'd be into that kind of work but I'll keep it in mind. Any other ideas anyone? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭t1mm

Its getting closer to the end of the college year and I'd really like to sort something out as soon as possible.

Do you think it would be best to just fly somewhere and spend a few days walking around towns in search of employment? Ideally it would be somewhere in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Moved from Travel

Advertisement