Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!! Xbox live looking for passkey??

• 15-01-2011 11:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭

Hi

the young lad was foostering with the xbox live profile today and now it is looking for a passkey before it will allow it to connect to xbox live. he doesn't know how he did it or what the pass key is :mad: can this be bypassed or reset or how can it be done?

Thans in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

have a ps3 myself, but just asked my nephew and he suggested you have a look here:

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbox-live/how-to/xbox-live-account-management/manage-live-id.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

thanks for that but it doesn't really cover what in lookng for im afraid. when i try to sign into xbox live it asks for a passkey to be made up of the handset controls (x,y,LB, LT etc). the parental controls are off on it so i dunno why this is asking for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

you will need to ring Xbox:

+353 12420758 or 1 800 509 186

you will need to be in front of the Xbox and have the abox's 12-digit serial number, they'll need you secret question answer and/or credit card details.

i was chatting to a mate this morning, he had a similar problem, and there is a sequence of control pad/xbox buttons that will solve your problem, and after xbox verify your the owner they'll do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

thanks john....actually found the code by trial/error/guesswork......still dunno why it is asking for it or if i can disable it but we can work around it now anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

thanks john....actually found the code by trial/error/guesswork......still dunno why it is asking for it or if i can disable it but we can work around it now anyway

delete and recover gamertag should get rid of it

• Advertisement
Advertisement