Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

complaint about des kelly bed

Options
  • 15-01-2011 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Bought a split 4ft divan bed from des kelly a month ago now.. Two weeks ago I noticed that one side of the divan base was squeaky, eventually I got someone out to have a look at it and he explained that the woodern slats had not been stapled properly and it was replaced a week later..
    Now I am noticing that it is squeaking at the side and its getting more annoying by the day. Is it normal for divan beds to do this? Should I complain again? I just do not understand why I keep having problems with the divan base as I paid 300euro for the bed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Move the bed to a different area in the room just to rule out floor problems. Check the headboard too, remove it and see if the squeak goes.

If the squeak still comes from the same side of the bed then complain again, it could be the same problem in a batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Timbers on divan beds will squeak when the timbers dry out or if there not secured properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭xxzaraxx

Yea the slats were not stapled properly the first time and they replaced it for me but i have only have the replacement base a week now and the squeaky bit is gettin worse. they are delivering another bed for another bedroom this week so i will get them to have a look then.

Advertisement