Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Loans for emigration??

Options
  • 16-01-2011 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi all,
    This maybe a stupid question but I'm wondering if its possible to get a small loan of 2 or 3 thousand to tide me over in Australia once I emigrate out if this country. I hope to get an graduate engineering job relatively quickly and pay it back. I have only got an income of about 250/week at the minute and am breaking even. I have never applied for a loan before and have a credit card which I owe no debts to.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Since the bank will not be able to chase you for the money, you will need a guarantor. Don't even waste your time unless you have someone who is permanently based in Ireland with fixed assets and/or a good credit record to act as guarantor for the loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 gallagbr

coylemj wrote: »
    Since the bank will not be able to chase you for the money, you will need a guarantor. Don't even waste your time unless you have someone who is permanently based in Ireland with fixed assets and/or a good credit record to act as guarantor for the loan.

Thanks coylemj, I have a guarantor alright. I'm thinking that I'll set up a standing order from my oz account to pay it back.

Advertisement