Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD or TCD engineering?

• 16-01-2011 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hoping to probably end up doing mechanical engineering but will probably do a common engineering programme for the first year to get an idea of them all. But I can't decide between ucd and tcd...:confused:
    Anyone have any reasons to choose one over the other??
    What have/would you put down first?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

UCD is first on my CAO, mainly because trinity is gay

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

TCD is my first, because I've always wanted to go there and UCD is far too big. I'd love being in the city centre everyday.

UCD has more choice though, and a bigger faculty, and you can specialize more i.e. You can get a degree in Mech Eng in UCD, whereas in TCD you get a Mech and Manufacturing degree (I heard they go into less detail because it's broader).

Wish the UCD course was in Trinity, with less people. [It's 240 average in UCD, 170 in TCD].

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

Ian_K wrote: »
    trinity is gay

Pfft, Trinity is beautiful :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ruskey!

any comments please on BAI from Trinity versus BE or BSc + ME from UCD ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Trinity /UCD
    In the middle of the city.
    Has the reputation of Ireland's "Elite" college. Known internationally.
    It is a fact that TCD has the best grades overall of any Irish college.
    Easier for employment as TCD students are seen as a higher standard than any other college in Ireland.
    lecturers are known worldwide, like Dr Farrell.
    I know people who have done engineering in UCD & it supposedly has better engineering facilities than Trinity .
    The amount of people in UCD ,so should be easier to get to know people.
    The atmosphere in UCD said to be better, as Trinity does still have it's minority of snobbish people.
    UCD is in horrible location especially when compared to Trinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ruskey!

sorry - more specifically - i am concerned about the recognition home or abroad of the actual qualification - BAI or BE or BSc + ME ?
    im based in dublin - so from access / location point of view - it's no big deal

Advertisement