Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you recover a deleted image from a cf card?

• 16-01-2011 12:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,725 ✭✭✭✭

I'm without a laptop at the moment, so I haven't been able to back my shots from the photowalk the other night up on to a harddrive or anything.

Anyways, I was flicking through the shots, and I accidentally deleted one of the very few shots I liked, possibly the only one :o

Is there any way I can recover the picture? It's not that sentimental or of importance, I just liked it quite a bit :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

As long as you haven't written more images on to the card it might be recoverable. There's a few programs recommended here but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

Recuva is the first I'd suggest or if it's a sandisk card, sandisk rescue pro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,725 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

It's a sandisk extreme III. There's been a good few shots written into the card, I'm regretting not using a back up card, especially as I'm getting my laptop tomorrow so they would've been backed up immediately :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

nilhg wrote: »
    Recuva is the first I'd suggest or if it's a sandisk card, sandisk rescue pro.

I think Recuva is not free anymore but its a super program

• Registered Users Posts: 24 sligogringo

Hi,

I used this software recently, its free and works fine!

Since you have used the card since you may not get back the photo you want but its worth a try!

http://www.snapfiles.com/opinions/PC_Inspector_Smart_Recovery/PC_Inspector_Smart_Recovery.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jaybeeveedub

you should have gotten sandisk rescue pro free with your card, on a tiny disc, mail them if you didn't (or did and ditched it) and tell them you have a slot loader and the tiny disc wont work and they'll mail you a copy....

I've used it and recovered files that were literally years old...!!! despite formatting the cf in camera, every time i uploaded!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

stetyrrell wrote: »
    I'm without a laptop at the moment, so I haven't been able to back my shots from the photowalk the other night up on to a harddrive or anything.

Anyways, I was flicking through the shots, and I accidentally deleted one of the very few shots I liked, possibly the only one :o

Is there any way I can recover the picture? It's not that sentimental or of importance, I just liked it quite a bit :(

PhotoRec is good, free and available for Linux, Mac, DOS, Windows and
    several other platforms. It should be able to recover your photo if it hasn't
    been overwritten.

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

If you accidentally delete a photo, you should stop using the card
    immediately. Power down the camera and remove the card. If it has
    a write protect tab, you should lock it. This will give you a better
    chance of recovering the deleted file using a PC and card reader.

Good Luck.

Advertisement