Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recipes for the food processor

Options
  • 16-01-2011 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi, I got a food processor today :) and I'm looking to find recipes to use with it. Tonight I made Jamie Olivers cauliflower and macaroni cheese with breadcrumb topping. The processor made this dish really easy to make and I'm hoping that some of you would be able to share your recipes so that I can get full use out of this food processor!!

Here is the recipe I made this evening...

Ingredients:

8 rashers of pancetta
    1 large head of cauliflower
    500g dried macaroni
    250g mature chedder cheese
    4 thick slices of bread
    few sprigs of rosemary
    2 cloves of garlic
    250g tub of creme fraiche
    Olive oil
    Parmesan to serve

(Serves 6 / 30- 40 mins total)

Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees

Lay pancetta in roasting tray (large enough to bake the pasta in) and put in oven on top shelf

Wash and quarter cauliflower and put in large saucepan along with macaroni, cover with boiling water, season with salt and pepper and put on high heat and cook for approx 10 - 15 mins

Grate chedder in food processor and set aside.

Take pancetta out of oven (should have crisped up nicely by now) and put in food processor (with standard blade attachment) with bread, rosemary and a good drizzle of olive oil until you obtain a breadcrumb consistancy.

Pasta and cauliflower should be done now, using a colander over a large bowl or saucepan, drain off the pasta water. Return your original saucepan (with pasta and cauliflower) to a low heat and add 400ml of the pasta water along with creme fraiche, chedder cheese and garlic. Mix all that together and using a potato masher, gently break up the cauliflower.

Pour the mixture into the roasting tray that your pancetta was in and cover with the breadcrumbs.

Put into the oven for 8-10mins or until golden.

Enjoy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

On the cooking club forum there are 2 recipes I make in the blender a lot.... the falafels and the thai bean burgers.

Take about 2mins to make in the blender and yummmm!

Also coleslaw fantastic to make in there as is dough, mayo, soups, dips, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jhynes2009

Thanks Dinkie, thats great. Thai bean burgers sound great - I'll def give them a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭MandyM

If you like baking, here's recipe for almond cake that is absolutely incredible. I made it at the weekend and it's all done in the blender.
    Almond Cake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭grandslamsmith

Pork and prawn pot stickers!

Couple of good quality pork chops (fat removed) and diced
    Handfull of raw peeled and cleaned prawns
    finley diced spring onion
    dashette of soy, fish sauce and sweet chilli (5 spice if you feel like it)

Blitz in yer spanky new food processor

As with burgers etc, nip off a wee bit of your whizzed up mush and fry to ascertain seasoning etc

Get your hands on frozen dumpling wrappers (Asian market)
    Tps of pork and prawn mush into the middle, wet the edges and fold over makiing a "D".

Options then are:

1. Deep fry (ferking fabo!!)
    2. Steam (great in a broth)
    3. Steam then fry in a pan (Ferking fabo x 2)

Slam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

Food Pro is great for making curry pastes for Indian, Thai curries etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭grandslamsmith

Here's a blinder of a curry paste:

Keeps in teh fridge for weeks if you keep the jat topped with oil.

1 small red onion
    1tbs cummin seeds
    1tbs mustard seeds (white)
    1tbs coriander seeds
    1tbs fenugrek seeds
    1tbs garmasala (optional)
    1 tps course sea salt
    1 tps black pepper corns
    1 tps shrimp paste
    2 cloves garlic
    end of yer thumb size of fresh ginger
    1 tbs tomato paste
    100mls oil (whatever you fancy flavour wise)

If you want - toast the seeds till they start to pop....me, I don't bother.
    Spaz all that in yer spanky blender to mush - taaa daaa curry paste.

I've deliberately left out chillis from the above as it's entirely up to you and your tolerances....but....if it was me I woudl bang in an entire WHOLE red chilli.

That's a funky base for an 'red' style curry.

Slam

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jhynes2009

They are great recipes to get going with! Thanks everyone!

Advertisement