Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nat Lofthouse RIP

• 16-01-2011 1:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭

Just announced on The Football Show that football legend Nat Lofthouse has passed away.RIP.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Bolton legend and a true one-club man who's goalscoring record still stands up today. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

true legend of the game. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,528 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

He had a terrific goal scoring record, I don't reckon many of Boltons current squad will get near 255 goals.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

has he anything to do with fishermans friends.:confused::confused:

yes, crazy post etc....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

yes, crazy post etc....

You just articulated your lack of football knowledge and general ignorance better than any of us could ever have done.

Well done.

Rest in Peace Nat. 30 goals in 33 appearances for England tells its own story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

R.I.P!! Always a hero i heard about.!! Never saw him play, but we're not always gonna see the legends of the game!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

RIP.true legend of the game.

no disrespect to him, but unless people here are WW II veterans I dont see how anyone can say the remember him or anything.

its far etched to sugggest anyone here have heard about him or seen him.

"One of the first residents of Fleetwood was a young pharmacist by the name of James Lofthouse. Amongst the many very effective treatments and remedies that James Lofthouse created was an extremely strong liquid containing menthol and eucalyptus, which helped relieve problems experienced by fishermen in the freezing conditions"

so, I got my lofthouses wrong, maybe I would have heard of him If I was a trotters fan.

nonetheless RIP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

no disrespect to him, but unless people here are WW II veterans I dont see how anyone can say the remember him or anything.

Would you familiar with one Dixie Dean a man of an era before Nat Lofthouse?

I'll assume not because your not a World War II veteran are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

RIP. One of the all time greats of the English game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

A legend of the game gone. R.I.P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

"One of the first residents of Fleetwood was a young pharmacist by the name of James Lofthouse. Amongst the many very effective treatments and remedies that James Lofthouse created was an extremely strong liquid containing menthol and eucalyptus, which helped relieve problems experienced by fishermen in the freezing conditions"

so, I got my lofthouses wrong, maybe I would have heard of him If I was a trotters fan.

nonetheless RIP

Stop embarrassing yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

yes, crazy post etc....
    People wonder what age you are and tbh you come across as well as they say 'a bit special' with posts like you have in this thread. Google is only a window/tab away if you ever need to know who somebody is. I think anybody who has an avid interest in the game and has spent as long in this forum as you would know the name Nat Lofthouse instantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/bolton-wanderers/8262455/Bolton-Wanderers-and-England-legend-Nat-Lofthouse-dies-aged-85.html

For those like myself who may not have known of Nat Lofthouse here is a nice write up on the man.....

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

RIP Lofthouse nearly the end of an era really with only still famous names Tom Finney and Bobby Charlton of that generation left I think.

well, I did hear or rememember hearing about a lofthouse but didnt use google, and i figured he must have been dead by now as it was going back so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

well, I did hear or rememember hearing about a lofthouse but didnt use google, and i figured he must have been dead by now as it was going back so far.

You just keep going don't you? Stop digging FFS

whatever, he was playing football in the 40s or so, Im sure everyone here has vivid memories of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Sad to hear of the big legends passing away.

Also one of the most deadly old school Roy Of The Roversish footballer names ever. In recent times, only Tom Huddlestone comes close. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement