Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In light of these posts Dev made on the politics forum...

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    I didnt believe one would come out with the stuff you did.
    And here we get to the part that feedback isn't meant to deal with. Have the SWP managed to find their accounts since 2006? The Standards Commission Secretariat had a good look at ours and were quite happy thanks.

/done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Amhran Nua wrote: »
    And here we get to the part that feedback isn't meant to deal with. Have the SWP managed to find their accounts since 2006? The Standards Commission Secretariat had a good look at ours and were quite happy thanks.

/done
    Stick around chara, I am sure you may get another chance to get the kicks in when you think a man is down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Stick around chara, I am sure you may get another chance to get the kicks in when you think a man is down.
    So that would be no, they haven't managed to find their accounts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Morkarleth wrote: »
    Afraid I don't follow. Was it my remark about you saying you were leaving? I don't see how that's backseat modding, just pointing out the glaring inconsistency.

Indeed. Would you, perhaps, like to do that too? Or would that put a dent in your attention-seeking efforts? No, I'm sure you'd rather spend your time dealing with your personal vendettas against particular viewpoints and users than actually offer any real feedback.

I'm no great fan of Mussolini (or any of the republicans/nationalists on the site) either but I'm not going to go onto a feedback thread he created just to get a sly dig in because I've got a bone to pick with his politics.

I think on mature reflection if you read my post properly, it is my feedback on the problems in Politics which give rise to these kind of feedback threads.

What 'sly digging' are you on about, I put everything down in black and white, if you don't agree fair enough?

The easiest way to try to dis. someone whom you don't agree with is to start shouting 'troll' around the place.

have a bit of sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

I don't disagree that there are problems on the forum, however you just came here to get a dig in at MUSSOLINI because that's just what you do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I think on mature reflection if you read my post properly, it is my feedback on the problems in Politics which give rise to these kind of feedback threads.

What 'sly digging' are you on about, I put everything down in black and white, if you don't agree fair enough?

The easiest way to try to dis. someone whom you don't agree with is to start shouting 'troll' around the place.

have a bit of sense.

You were banned for being serially disruptive. You are now trying to do the same here, in every thread that arises in relation to the political forum, in addition to trying to carry on a petty vendetta against certain members.

Nodin wrote: »
    You were banned for being serially disruptive. You are now trying to do the same here, in every thread that arises in relation to the political forum, in addition to trying to carry on a petty vendetta against certain members.

How am I doing the same here.?

Is a contrary view not allowed in these fora, or does every poster have to roll along with the contrived consensus.

If you have examples please quote them.

I have views, last I heard I am entitled to express them.

Apologies if they do not fall into the seemingly agreed agenda which usually pervades there.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Well done for proving Dev's point though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

I'm afraid my friend, that those are opinions I hold and put forward legitimately and politely.

They may go against your idea of a forum which seeks to glorify your outlook and ideals but in today's world, luckily, one has the opportunity to disagree.

Only thing bothering you, is that there is someone out there who knows your game and is prepared to articulate opposition to the coterie of posters who lurk in the background waiting for an opportunity to use Boards.ie as vehicle to promulgate their views.

You just don't want any opposition:D

I'm afraid my friend, that those are opinions I hold and put forward legitimately and politely.

....some of those are examples of you using this forum as an opportunity to snipe at a member, as I mentioned earlier.

I note that some of the other opinions are so "legitimately and politely" expressed, you were red carded for them.

Advertisement