Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

enniscorthy indoor skatepark

• 16-01-2011 3:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi all, I was thinking about opening a indoor skatepark for skateboard,bmx and inlines in enniscorthy town and wondering would there be enough intrest to make it work???as it expensive to set up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 h3artbreaker

wrong place dude.
    do it in sligo or dublin, big city.

honestly i would kill for a decent dirt trail here in blanchtown, even pay.

talk to your local council, tell them you want to open a youth sports centre, they will even give you money for it.
    collect signatures? go around and talk to people? survey?

bmx or skate isnt big in ireland, yet.
    but if you've the balls you could actually be one of the first who do and organize anything.
    open a bmx/skate indoor, bmaybe make the park free or small membership fee and have a shop next to it?
    get rights to redistribute specific bmx's and parts throughout ireland? (simple bikes etc.)

the age of rugby/footie is over anyway so ;D

i just moved to blanch recently and still waiting for my ride, and when itll be here ill dig blanchardstown up properly with some awsome dirts.

the market will be big in 2/3 years.

but with all the gay health safety regulations it will suck :/
    kneepads...seriously...

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Lush

buzzman78 wrote: »
    hi all, I was thinking about opening a indoor skatepark for skateboard,bmx and inlines in enniscorthy town and wondering would there be enough intrest to make it work???as it expensive to set up.

Buzzman78, there is a phrase that is very true here in Ireland, as I can certainly vouch for it with my business, ... if you have it, they will come...

You will need to take a long term view of it though, as these things take time to bed in and for word to get around.

I am thinking of making a BMX track or a ramp area when I get the time!
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 butchers boys

buzzman78 wrote: »

get in contact , we will have a talk about it there all of people in enniscorthy who skateboard and bmx

Advertisement