Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minecraft?

• 16-01-2011 3:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Any of you's play minecraft?

It's essentially virtual lego, I love it :)

Me and my housemate run our own server if anyone has it and wants to see the stuff we have built.

We're working on a massive village at the moment, and it's comming together nicely

Here's the site and a video showcasing it...

www.minecraft.net

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

That looks pretty good. Is it mostly block based, or does it have things like wheels, poles, doors, etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

No, just block based.

there are doors and stuff, also animals and monsters.

You can download it for free off the site, but if you want to play online, you have to pay the €15, but it is well worth it, and you should see what we have built :)

Check out some screenshots, obviously its nowhere near finished, but you cant see the scale unless you go in and look

cathedral001.png

cathedral002.png

cathedral003.png

cathedral004.png

Had to be done :)

legou.png

Our server is now HUGE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 steve Gambit

Hi All,

I have started a new server world called "CUBIC EIRE"

at the moment there is only 2 of us, and we are really early in setting up our new civilisation , we have a decent mine shaft and first farmyard- we really need friendly, helpful , fun people to help populate our world and build it up to be one of the best worlds available.

anyone interested please drop me a line and I will reply and swap details.
    really excited to see you all in Blockland,

yours
    Steve (Gambit)

• Advertisement

Hey mate, can you send me on the details please, I'd love to take a look and help out

Hey Tallon - thanks for replying so fast,

I love the work you have been doing already - simply brilliant stuff

so a couple of things to note,
    my server will only be up from about 6pm til late every evening.
    and although I welcome your experience and your help ( delighted to have you onboard ) I hope that the server is not too small and new an effort for your time and help.

I hope to have a full fledged server hosted soon ( I work in I.T) and will be looking to add some mods at some point, with help from you guys.

thanks a mill
    Steve

Never too small, happy to help

The Ip address for tonight is 109.77.48.153
    standard port

Drop me a mail and we can hook up tonight or whenever suits?
    love to you see in world

Hi Tallon,

thanks for popping on the other night - I know it didnt last too long, and I was just wondering if there was an issue that happened?

hopefully we can hook up again soon,
    cheers :)

• Advertisement

No, I wasn't at my main PC, send me the IP again and i'll come on later for longer :)

great stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Is it still open? I'd swing by, been playing Survival Single Player since before Christmas and never really got into the Multiplayer yet

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭a5y

I used to play Minecraft - this was probably August to November last year. I'd gotten sick of the crashes and could never get multiplayer working. That and suddenly realising I'd been playing it for hours on end... it was as well I'd stopped when I did.

Anyways, contributing:

Minecraft Board on Boards.ie

Perhaps admins of Lego and Minecraft should swap links in their stickies too since there's probably some overlap.

The crashes are fixed, the game is in Alpha now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 bigmanjan

i like your pics Tallon and can you tell JX23 to do some more minecraft plz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Beatalls

One word, AWSOME

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

All of Tallon's Christmasses are coming together: LEGO are close to agreeing a licensing deal for a Minecraft theme. It came about as a result of LEGO Cuusoo, where people can design sets and propose them for future development. The rest of the community votes, and popular ideas have a chance of getting manufactured. Minecraft creators Mojang saw a proposal from one fan of a Minecraft set, and absolutely loved it. Since then it has been gathering traction:

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/4038

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gadgets/lego-minecraft-sets-incoming-as-10000-fans-vote-50006361/

Yeah, been following it for a while now... They were trying to get it out before Christmas, but thats not going to happen

Doesn't look bad tbh, would make a nice set to stick in a display

Advertisement