Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Spray Paint in City Centre?

Options
  • 16-01-2011 5:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Need to paint something in a quick n' dirty matte black for next week. More specifically a Cadbury's Roses tin. I guessed spray paint would be the easiest solution. Does anyone know of where I could get my hands on some spray paint in the city centre? Really don't feel like walking too far to get it.

Or does anyone know if spray paint would stick well on that type of metal? Probably a silly question, but I've never used spray paint before :pac:

Cheers,
    Aaron

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Halfords. If its just a temp thing you can spray on as long as you give it a few light coats.

If It's a long term thing you need to sand and prime beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

since when is there a halfords in galway?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

since when is there a halfords in galway?

Since there was a thread on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

snubbleste wrote: »
    Since there was a thread on it.

In that case can we start a thread on the new "Free Stuff Store" thats opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Any motor factors will stock Satin Black aerosols. Price will be between 10-15 euro depending on the manufacturer of the paint. As previously said, just dust on coats. If the Roses tin has patterns embossed onto them, they will obviously show through even when painted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Thanks JohnCleary and PaintDoctor. I'll check out Halford's later and if that fails maybe the car place in the Galway Shopping Centre? The tin has no embossment on it, I think. Just the joint along the side, but that's fine.

If anyone knows anywhere else, give me a shout!

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Any motorfactors will have spray paint, but Halfords is the closest to the city centre. You'll pay a little extra for the convenience (but only maybe 2/3 euro)

Ended up getting a can of spray paint for €9.49 in Halford's. Went for orange and ended up using the entire can with "Roses" still managing to pop through in some places. Ah well, it did the job.

In case anyone was curious, it was for painting the chassis of a robot I'm building for NUIG Bot Wars. Last year's winner was made from a biscuit tin, so it seemed like the best way to go :rolleyes:

Cheers again guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

That Hardware Store across the road from Roches is probably the cheapest, got cans at €3.50.

PomBear wrote: »
    That Hardware Store across the road from Roches is probably the cheapest, got cans at €3.50.

Ah man, that would have been ideal. Two minute walk from 091 Labs :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Seems I'm a little late, but I noticed Art & Hobby had some Games Workshop paint. Probably more expensive, though, since it's for models. Still, hopefully the next person who needs black spraypaint in the city centre will find the thread.

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Seems I'm a little late, but I noticed Art & Hobby had some Games Workshop paint. Probably more expensive, though, since it's for models. Still, hopefully the next person who needs black spraypaint in the city centre will find the thread.

Halford's have a huge selection of spray paint. It's at the back of the shop to the left, in a section called "Car Paints" if I recall correctly. They've a selection of standard car colors ("Nissan Red", "White Van Man White", "Micra Rust Effect" etc.) and then generic paints. All Halfords own-brand.

Advertisement